Claimed: The Burn Out Is Real [1/2]

Devise

it is kind of ironic honestly. Throughout most of my VHL career I haven't really had the best of luck we'll say when it comes to individual player success. Here we are in Season 55, and my newest player who I vowed to put the most into and build the proper way and all that jazz, well he's actually doing pretty good. Over a point per game as a forward for me in a rookie season is something none of my other players even came close to. I believe Logan Laich had 9 points his first season, so yeah. The future looks bright for him. But the irony here is that my long term VHL future looks bleaker than ever. 

Oh no don't worry, don't fret to my loyal American teammates, many of who which have struggled through ups and downs at key times. Even earlier in this season the locker room wasn't exactly a banging place. And as for Verner and Toronto, that is a done deal. When I say longer term I mean, after Verner. I'm too committed and have put too much into these two players and this run to make some shock retirement. Although I did do that with Rift, but that was for the lols, plus...you know being goalies suck. 

The shocking thing about this recent "burnt out" run, it's kind of come out of nowhere. I experienced a bit of a down time in my VHL activity following stepping down from Cologne in the mid 40's. As such Humberts career was kind of sacrificed, and he didn't finish with the TPE levels I was initially hoping for. He wasn't a full on scrub, just a depth guy. But that aside, I was coming off a hard GM run, and some underwhelming players. It all felt like a natural little lull before I went back harder. Now though I don't know how hard I want to come back. I still have a few more things on my bucket list, but I think after this initial two player test I'll probably limit myself back to one player. A welfare one at that. It feels odd to say after putting a lot of seasons in here, but man...it's easy to get burnt out here. Maybe it more speaks to how much I have going on in my life too. Our Youtube Channel (shameless plug) Pajodcast Media has been pumping out content, and I've been busy with the home office stuff. But honestly I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the time to write a media spot last week, which was the first time I missed something for Verner. I did. We haven't recorded a VHL Pajodcast in a bit either despite pumping other content to our channel. It's mostly just there hasn't been a lot of interesting things going on in the league to really push me to get motivated to post more. That has changed recently with the remainder that hey yeah 10 year anniversary, and also you know that weird guilt you have when you forget to be active in an online sim league. Especially one you try to be active in. It's a strange thing. :P 

Anyway I've probably rambled long enough for the point task here. The league certainly isn't dead, I think that is probably a long shot statement at any point. Not until we have some harsh harsh evidence. But I think I may speak for a lot of people here when I say the burnout is certainly very real. It gets realer by the day, and while I like many others already here on on the path to a welfare only player, I'd really hope to see some more new faces in here step up. I know I know, I say that all the time. But speaking with Advantage and Kyle, and a few other older members here. There is going to come a time where unless enough faces do step up, will it make sense to keep this league? Or would now ownership simply change enough that it would make sense to start it's own thing? I for one hope we start to look at crazier changes following the ten year anniversary. A reset, no VHLM, entirely new sim to go with all that. I don't know, something big some shake up. Two player I think makes sense going forward just from an option perspective, it allows those who want to fill your league up with players to do so without compromising the interest level of players who don't want to engage with it. 

Review:
It's weird, I feel like every week I don't feel like doing a PT. That's literally how it's felt for most of my time here....yet I end up doing one, usually on the weekends.

Usually, I just throw some tunes on and bang out a signature or write-up.

I don't know if I'm in the minority or the majority, but the PTs don't mean much to me. I'm here to throw TPE into my players and try to win.