Claimed: Look at that bench fly

jRuutu

quebec-city-shore-excursion-quebec-city-

Nice looking building

Guntis Petenis moved from Riga to Quebec during the off-season. The move raised a lot of questions, can Guntis and Fabio play together in the same team? Will there be absolute mayhem? Why is nobody thinking about the kids? No need to worry anymore, I´m here today to answer some of those questions.

Yes we can play together in the same team. The reason why some maybe questioned that comes from our friendly rivalry from previous seasons, especially during season 54 we went head to head few times and I even remember him beating my ass once, but now that we are on the same team, we play for one thing only, for Meute.

The effect of having Petenis, the penalty minute and fighting king of last year and then me, the third most penalty minutes and third most fights last season to play in the same team has been a lot less bloody than many hoped and feared. Lets take Petenis for example, in 24 games he has only 32 penalty minutes and 0 fights! That is shocking change from last year when he collected insane 305 penalty minutes and dropped the gloves 13 times.

hockey-fight.jpg

The end result of dropping the gloves

Personally I have not been as violent either, in those same 24 games I have 35 penalty minutes, but I have dropped the gloves 3 times already! But still, quite mysterious how two players who played so close to the edge and went over it more than couple times last year can now all of a sudden play so differently?

Is it simply the fact that other teams don´t have enough players that would like to challenge Petenis? I tried and failed, but now we are on the same team, so that has to have a effect, but I also think Petenis moving to Quebec has a effect, he is now playing under the guidance of always so gentle, Frank Chadwick.  

tumblr_mxbc0sWz6K1skgd7ao1_r1_400.gif

Frank before joining Quebec

Frank has played a big part in me being the nice guy I am today. After last season where I collected the most penalty minutes in my career, 188 minutes. He said to me: Fabio my friend, listen up, you must find a way to take less penalty minutes.

In return I said: Damn Frank, mind putting your leg back down to the ground, I can see way more than I wanted, but I agree with you, need to take less penalty minutes.
Rest is history and now I´m heading to a season total where I barely break the 100 penalty min mark.

I imagine Frank had the same conversation with Guntis and the results have been similar, he takes less penalty minutes as well. I think Guntis could surprise us all and finish the season with 200 penalty minutes. That would be great number after fairly slow start.

That is all I have on my mind today, oh yea,  it´s safe to bring the kids out and watch Quebec play, so you parents wont have to worry about over the top physicality and foul language.