Claimed: Calgary's Youth Exceeding Expectations - For the Process [1/2]

Trust the Process

Image result for calgary wranglers

Through 22 games, the Wranglers sit tied for the 2nd seed in the NA Conference with New York, a scenario no one would have predicted. While many thought the Wranglers would be a fringe playoff team, this hot start has experts pondering whether the process may have initiated a season early. Whether this solid play can remain hold for the rest of the season remains to be seen, but for now we will look at how Calgary's youth has put on a clinic so far.

Felix Savard

@Frank has been on fire this season, as he currently has 27 points, putting him in second place among all defensemen, as well as the second most points among rookies. If he keeps this pace up, and argument could be made for Sevard to be rookie of the year and top defenseman. Six of Sevard's nine goals have come on the power play, showing his importance to the team as a great shot from the point. Lastly, Sevard leads the team with 47 shots blocked, showing he is not afraid to sacrifice his body to support the process.

Marc-Alexander Leblanc

Much was expected of @Pandar after the Wranglers acquired him in exchange for the third overall pick, and so far he too has exceeded expectations. Leblanc has 24 points through 22 games so far, putting him above a point per game clip. He is also tied with Travis Gowecny with a team leading 15 goals, showing off his excellent shot. Leblanc has the third most shots in the league, showing off his superior puck possession ability in getting himself into scoring areas. The one-two punch of Savard and Leblanc has accounted for a ton of the Wranglers goals this season.

Jacob

Jacob has been an elite goalie since last season, but the poor man has had to carry terrible teams on his back for a while. This season, @Higgins gets a bit of a relief, as he only has to carry an average team on his back instead of a terrible one. So far this season, Jacoc has posted a respectable 0.927 save percentage, putting him in 4th place among goalies. Ordinarily a 0.927 save percentage would be among hte league's best, but Asterisk Moon and Rhett Degrath have been off to amazing starts so far, with a 0.940 save percentage each. I would also like to point out that Jacob leads the league in penalty shot percentage, as he has saved 6 of 6 attempts for a perfect 100% save percentage.

Journeyman

I didn't expect much from my 100 something tpe player this season, as I only called him up so I would be able to reach the cap floor without having to do the stupid dance of bidding high for a 30 tpe free agent. So far, Journeyman has 17 points on the season, which is good considering how bad he is. I would write more, but I am above the word count so bye. 

Edited by eaglesfan036

• TheLastOlympian07 changed the title to Claimed: Calgary's Youth Exceeding Expectations - For the Process [1/2]

Review

Calgary has definitely snuck up on teams. I'm glad to process seems to be working and you have player buying in. I would have bought in no problem and I would love the chance to play for one of you teams one day. Maybe draft my second player eh :P Good luck the rest of the season, as long as you have Jacob I think anything can happen in the playoffs