2017 NHL Off-Season

Advantage

Drouin for Sergachev.

Habs getting that nice upgrade up front in Drouin.  I like.

I like Serge but no guarantee he ever gets even close to top pairing and we are in win now mode.  Drouin helps with that and is a still a young asset to help run that offense into the future.

I hope we go through a re-haul and actually grab youngsters like how Haps got Drouin and other youngsters. Tired of waiting for our shitting draft prospects to develop.

Could be a crazy off-season. I like the Habs move Drouin gives them more much needed offense. 

Curious if Habs can still manage to keep Radulov and run Drouin - Galchen - Rads as a line. 

not quite sure the habs consider galchenyuk as a center, and there's more chance that drouin will play there, even though I think droui and galchenyuk are superior as LW

Chicago re-acquires Brandon Saad and Anton Forsberg for Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte.

Arizona (who doesn't have a front office haha) acquires Hjalmarsson from Chicago for Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin.

Arizona let go of Dave Tippett

Arizona acquire Raanta and Derek Stepan from NYR for 7th Overall and Anthony Dangelo

Kris Russell finalizing a 4 year (4 Million per) deal in Edmonton

holy shit i wake up and chicago trades Saad's replacement for Saad, trade away the youngest of their top 3 defenseman. Arizona lets go of their best coach ever, trades for a good center in Stepan and gets a new goalie to replace Smith in Raanta. while NYR picks in the top 10 for the first time since Dylan McIlrath. wtf

7 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

holy shit i wake up and chicago trades Saad's replacement for Saad, trade away the youngest of their top 3 defenseman. Arizona lets go of their best coach ever, trades for a good center in Stepan and gets a new goalie to replace Smith in Raanta. while NYR picks in the top 10 for the first time since Dylan McIlrath. wtf

Well Tippett's style is a little outdated and he isn't that good with young players so it was a good move. The jury is still out on Raanta.

1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

What a terrible pick 

8 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Does Phoenix have pressure from up above? This isnt patience moves, i mean neither of then are awful but shocking

*Arizona

I love the pick of Elias Pettersson by Benning. He's got elite potential, but obviously, it's just potential. The kid definitely has a lot of talent, just needs to fill out that frame. Also has the Sedin twins to help mentor him into the North American game, plus his teammate in Jonathan Dahlen. Hopefully Dahlen can maybe make the Canucks roster out of training camp? But that's a big question as well.

I wonder how the off-season will go from the Canucks? Most likely not a lot of huge moves, but mainly just gearing up for a development season. With Sbisa gone to Vegas, Tanev likely won't be traded, as will Edler. Who really knows though? Bo Horvat still needs to be signed as well.

I'm also curious as to what more Arizona will do this off-season. Acquiring Stepan and Raanta, plus no more Shane Doan or Mike Smith. They have an interesting roster.

4 hours ago, boubabi said:

@eaglesfan036 @Fire Hakstol

RIP schenn ?

Similar to the Hartnell/Umberger trade, this is a trade driven by future cap consideration and is not a pure hockey trade.

Lehtera's contract ends a season earlier than Schenn's, which is when Simmonds, Konecny, and Provorov need new contracts. This was the Flyers selling high on Schenn and choosing Simmonds over him.

Schenn has said repeatedly that he sees himself as a center and not a winger. We've given him an opportunity the past 5 years to play center, and every time he shows why he isn't a center. Isn't responsible defensively, isn't great with the puck on his stick, and doesn't think the game at a high enough level.

With Patrick and Lindholm joining the team, the wings were starting to get a log jam. This move "frees up" space for those two and allows Konecny to go to RW, which is his natural position I believe.

Schenn was awful at ES and was the 4th option on our PP. Overall not a bad player, but a frustrating one. All tools, no toolbox. He's a great complementary winger on a line with someone else who can drive possession.

Lindblom - Giroux - Voracek

FIlpulla - Couturier - Konecny

Weal - Patrick - Simmonds

Raffl - Lehtera/Laughton - Weise/Read

Laughton/Lehtera

1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

McDavid on the verge of a 14.25 million dollar cap hit 8 years and something like 110 million. 

13.25*

Also why would the Haps want Emelin back? Thats going backwards

24 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Rumours swirling that if the Oilers offer McDavid 13.25 per season, teams will send offer sheets Draisaitl's way. That's smart

Yea especially if it is somewhere between 10 mil a season for the offer sheet. 

Jim Benning do you magic pls for the love of god

24 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

1 minute ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Yea especially if it is somewhere between 10 mil a season for the offer sheet. 

Jim Benning do you magic pls for the love of god

Where would the Canucks get that kinda cap with the Sedins and Eriksson still around. Also thats 4 first round picks