S54 Hall of Fame Induction

Smarch

S54 Hall of Fame Induction

For the Season Fifty-Four Hall of Fame Induction, we'll see two players and one builder being inducted. Let's take a look at the two players and great member that are being enshired amogst the greatest the VHL have seen. Congraulations to all three members on the honor!

G - Sandro Clegane, S45-S52 :col::dav::rig: 

447 GP, 279 W, 137 L, 31 OTL, 2.04 GAA, .923SV%, 74 SO

S48 Aidan Shaw Trophy - Top Goalie

S51 Scotty Campbell Trophy - MVP

S51 Aidan Shaw Trophy - Top Goalie (Co-Winner)

S52 Aidan Shaw Trophy - Top Goalie

One Continental Cup (S51)

Sandro Clegane was the third goaltender taken in the Season Forty-Five VHL Entry Draft, bounced around a bit between three teams during his eight year career, but now finds himself amongst the greatest VHL goaltenders to ever play the game. After a rough couple of seasons on a rebuilding club to begin his career, Clegane started to show the league what he was capable of during his third season in the league, one that saw him take home the Aiden Shaw Trophy for the first time. Sandro would go on to win two more awards as the league top goalie to go along with one Continental Cup in Season Fifty-One. Sandro finished his career with 279 wins, a .923 save percentage, a 2.04 goals against average, and sits second in the league in all-time shut-out with seventy-four, which are just some of the reasons why the Switzerland native finds himself being inducted in the Hall of Fame today.

@JardyB10

LW - Zach Parechkin S46-S53 :tor::sea:

576 GP, 378G, 409 A, 787 P, +334, 912 PIM, 2769 HIT, 303 SB, 82 GW

Three Continental Cups (S48, S49, S50)

S46 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy

Grimm Jonsson Trophy Co-Winner (S48, S51)

Grimm Jonsson Trophy Winner (S49)

S49 Playoff MVP

Scott Boulet Trophy (S49, S50)

S51 Kevin Brooks Trophy

S51 Brett Slobodzian Trophy

It’s not often  players in the VHL have the impact that Zach Parechkin had during his time with Toronto, and one season with Seattle, but Parechkin has to be named amongst the greatest power forward VHLers off all time, including David Smalling, and Lord Karnage . After being selected by the Toronto Legion First Overall in the Season Forty-Six VHL Entry Draft, Parechkin would head full-steam into the great career one that saw him help complete the first three-peat in VHL history, while consistently being on the Scott Boulet ballot as the league’s top two-way forward. Parechkin takes with him the all-time hits lead in the VHL, along with and impressive 378 goals and 409 assists during his eight season VHL career. Parechkin now calls the Hall of Fame home!

@DollarAndADream

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board of Governors Vote:

Zach Parechkin - 14/15

Sandro Clegane - 8/15

------------

Aleksi Koponen - 3/15

Phil Hamilton - 2/15

Jeff Hamilton - 2/15

Wesley Kellinger - 0/15

Mike Szatkowski Jr. - 0/15

Additionally, as I previously stated, we are also inducting a builder this season.  The member that we have voted on to add as a builder to the HOF is @STZ. This member still is very active around the boards, but we have seen him take a slight step back from his daily activities around the league, which presented us the perfect opportunity to thank him for what he has brought to the VHL.  He has produced HOF players in his time in the league, GM of the Helsinki Titans from S37-S41, and most recently was the editor of the VHL magazine for close to 200 editions. Mr. Wong has been a great member of this league since he was gifted to the league when Osborne came to the VHL back in Season Thirty, and now over twenty-five seasons later he takes his place amongst the best members that ever stepped foot in the VHL!

Edited by Smarch

• Smarch changed the title to S54 Hall of Fame Induction

Maybe not quite yet, but STZ gotta be getting close.

HOFers, Successful GM, Ran the Mag for Quite Some Time and probably has done a bunch of other things I can't even remember.

Posted that first in the HOF.  Really happy to help get my boy STZ into the HOF. So very well deserved.

Also voted for the other two so congrats! All three very well deserved.

23 minutes ago, STZ said:

Wow, thanks everyone!

Pretty unreal to go in as builder. Always thought I'd need to have a stronger GM tenure before this would happen - appreciate the recognition and words, fellas. :)

With your hard work on the Mag, it was about time.

Thanks, everyone!

Yeah, I didn't vote for myself. I was like...if this is a tie and I get the deciding vote, I'm going to feel selfish. :lol: But then I see the results and I was the only one who didn't vote for me. :lol:

Parechkin was a dream to have. I'm not sure I'll ever reach what I accomplished with him.

• Commissioner
13 hours ago, STZ said:

Wow, thanks everyone!

Pretty unreal to go in as builder. Always thought I'd need to have a stronger GM tenure before this would happen - appreciate the recognition and words, fellas. :)

I'm in as a builder without ever being a GM. It's definitely not a club exclusive to former GM's. Any strong member can easily be deserving and you are proof of that.