All-Time Draftee TPE Leaders

solas

So I saw this post by @punkhippie in the Regular Season Index thread and, while looking through old draft threads, though it'd be interesting to see the top pre-draft TPE earners in VHL history.

1. (S40) Mason Richardson: 348
2. (S40) Thomas O'Malley: 339
3. (S44) Edwin Reencarnacion: 325
4. (S45) Greg Clegane: 322
5. (S41) Niklaus Mikaelson: 315
6. (S48) Black Velvet: 312
7. (S42) Bismarck Koenig: 305
8. (S45) Phil Hamilton: 303
9. (S37) Tom Slaughter: 300
10. (S35) Lennox Moher: 294

11. (S50) Diana Maxwell: 286
12. (S37) Slaeter Fjorsstrom: 285
13. (S18) Daisuke Kanou: 281
14. (S50) Theo Axelsson: 274
15. (S43) Hans Wingate: 272
16. (S48) Unassisted: 267

17. (S12) Matt Bailey: 266
18. (S40) Tyler Cote: 263

19. (S14) Malcolm Kelly: 260

20. (S12) Geoff Gartner: 258

It's not a perfect list since it's just based on the player threads and not the update threads (so players could have had a lot more un-updated TPE) but as an aside I think it really shows how impressive Kanou's TPE earnings really were considering he was drafted in S18.  Kelly, Bailey, and Gartner also stand out for their time as well - especially considering Kelly and Gartner both never made the hall of fame and never won a championship.  S14's Emerson Hrynyk  and S41's Jack Kowalski just barely miss the top 20 with 257 and 256 TPE respectively.  S56's Gabriel McAllister, who has 212 TPE currently, seems a sure bet to break into the top 20 at the very least.

Let me know if I may have missed anyone.

2 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

I feel like Kanou might have been the last big recreate before the 75 TPE carryover cap, I could be wrong though.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I joined after that so I wouldn't know but that would definitely explain the gulf between S18-S35 and the players with high totals in S14 and S12.

It's a shame the old forums are lost so we can't find out.

4 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

I feel like Kanou might have been the last big recreate before the 75 TPE carryover cap, I could be wrong though.

Yeah, it was around that time that the cap was instituted.

9 minutes ago, solas said:

Kelly, Bailey, and Gartner also stand out for their time as well - especially considering Kelly and Gartner both never made the hall of fame and never won a championship.

I'm pretty sure Gartner's TPE pace slowed down greatly. Kendrick cut Kelly's career short to recreate a goalie for Helsinki.

Kelly's carer was going to be good, but I took over the Titans in S18 to create a goalie for the franchise. Ironically enough that goalie won a Top Goalie award in the Shaw/Kanou era.

• Admin
4 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

@tfong @sterling @Victor @Kendrick @JardyB10 can any of y'all confirm when the carryover cap was instituted by any chance?

I'd have to say S20/S21. Kanou was definitely the last straw.

4 hours ago, solas said:

It's not a perfect list since it's just based on the player threads and not the update threads

Not sure about now or the olden days but when I was doing draft threads I tended to go through and bring them up to date with the update threads on or just before draft day.

So S20-S40ish should definitely be muy accurate. ;) 

It's funny, I thought I was going H.A.M. with Parechkin when I created at the deadline, donated and did PTs every week. Including a grader job, and other opportunities, and I still didn't crack the Top 20. That shows how committed those top guys were.

18 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

It's funny, I thought I was going H.A.M. with Parechkin when I created at the deadline, donated and did PTs every week. Including a grader job, and other opportunities, and I still didn't crack the Top 20. That shows how committed those top guys were.

To be fair you just barely missed with 247.  I think you probably would've made the top 25 or 30.

36 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

:thedonald:

• Head Moderator
On 6/10/2017 at 0:35 PM, .sniffuM said:

@tfong @sterling @Victor @Kendrick @JardyB10 can any of y'all confirm when the carryover cap was instituted by any chance?

I am like 90% sure the cap came into affect right after Kanou. Though it seems kind of moot now being that lots of people have gone past my pre-cap draft TPE.

Edited by tfong

I was pretty happy with that 325 considering I didn't have max carryover (think I had about 60)! 

I wouldn't be surprised if I had the record for largest TPE gap over second highest TPE player in the draft as well. since I was 130+ TPE ahead of Hyvarinen. 

• Head Moderator
On 6/11/2017 at 1:30 PM, Kendrick said:

Yeah Kanou was the one we changed it for

The irony of course with that is that people can still go above 300+ draft tpe now anyways.

3 hours ago, tfong said:

The irony of course with that is that people can still go above 300+ draft tpe now anyways.

Yeah but it's not like 300 TPE is some benchmark. If we had kept that carryover rule in, people would have about 400 TPE by draft time

• 2 years later...

So it's been a while and after seeing some of the ridiculous pre-draft totals some people are putting up with the new 12 TPE weekly cap I decided to bump this 3-year-old thread with a new Top 20 updated through the S70 draft.

1. (S68) Condor Adrienne: 433 @OrbitingDeath

2. (S66) Hunter Hearst Helmsley: 431 @Beaviss

3. (S67) Rayz Funk: 393 @Rayzor_7

4. (S70) Edwin THE Encarnacion: 371 @Tagger

5. (S68) Lance Flowers: 365 @CowboyinAmerica

6. (S63) Ryan Kastelic: 364 @Enorama

7. (S66) Shane Mars: 359 @Spade18

8. (S70) Mikko Lahtinen: 350 @Beketov

9. (S40) Mason Richardson: 348 @Kendrick

10. (S69) Benny Graves: 347 @STZ

11. (S67) ACL TEAR: 341 @Quik

12. (S65) Carles Puigdemont: 341 @Eudaldkp