S55 Cologne Express Send-downs

Gudnason

• Senior Admin

If a player on a Rookie contract is called up during the season or post-season, their whole salary counts against the cap that year.

To me that is not saying that their whole salary remains against the cap if they're sent back down.

It's saying that regardless of which point in the season that player is called up, their entire salary counts against the cap. As opposed to something like the percentage of salaries used for trades. 

The rule above that one is more relevant:

• All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM don't count against the cap. Prime and Veteran contracts always count against the cap.

1 minute ago, Will said:

To me that is not saying that their whole salary remains against the cap if they're sent back down.

It's saying that regardless of which point in the season that player is called up, their entire salary counts against the cap. As opposed to something like the percentage of salaries used for trades. 

The rule above that one is more relevant:

• All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM don't count against the cap. Prime and Veteran contracts always count against the cap.

Well I had to call them up before I send them down right? The moment I called them up a few days ago, they counted against the salary cap, no?

• Senior Admin
Just now, punkhippie said:

Well I had to call them up before I send them down right? The moment I called them up a few days ago, they counted against the salary cap, no?

• All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM don't count against the cap. Prime and Veteran contracts always count against the cap

And if they get sent back down they will then be playing in the VHLM, no?

1 minute ago, Will said:

• All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM don't count against the cap. Prime and Veteran contracts always count against the cap

And if they get sent back down they will then be playing in the VHLM, no?

Meh, if you don't want them sent down, I can live with that I guess.

1 hour ago, Devise said:

How many rules have you fucked up now Anderson? :P It's okay your just returning to the role lol. 

Just doing my very best to finish below Seattle! Damn @Will I didn't know the second sim would be so early today, I would have sent in lines last night instead! Have to save Thomas Smith for those pesky away games in Seattle!