[S55] -- [S50] RW - Diana Maxwell

Devise

S55: $5,000,000*NTC

S56: $4,500,000*NTC

@Street x Lite come home. I've sent you several PM's the last bit of the season and we've had some good communication. I know you want to see your options, but let's keep making magic here. Let's make Maxwell one of the best all time to ever play for the Americans. I had faith in you in Season 51 when you were beaten down by the ropes, you saw a future here, you saw a potential to get Unassisted, and @STZ even mentioned you being a big reason he signed 4 seasons here. Play with him during his last run and let's have some more fun together. :cheers: 

Edited by Devise

46 minutes ago, Street x Lite said:

I would prefer no more than a 2-season contract; minimum salaries each year is good.

As posted above updated to fit said needs.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:04 PM, Devise said:

S55: $5,000,000*NTC

S56: $4,500,000*NTC

@Street x Lite come home. I've sent you several PM's the last bit of the season and we've had some good communication. I know you want to see your options, but let's keep making magic here. Let's make Maxwell one of the best all time to ever play for the Americans. I had faith in you in Season 51 when you were beaten down by the ropes, you saw a future here, you saw a potential to get Unassisted, and @STZ even mentioned you being a big reason he signed 4 seasons here. Play with him during his last run and let's have some more fun together. :cheers: 

I accept this offer. :nya::nya::nya:

This was a very tough choice. While Calgary was an intriguing option, ultimately it did come down to Quebec and New York as I was expecting my decision would coming into the off-season. Of the two, I think Quebec is clearly the better team. If this was just about winning Cups, that would be the easy choice. Honestly, that might be the better choice as far as personal stats are considered as well, which is something that I have to take into consideration when the other option is New York, a team with which I honestly don't expect to win another Cup.

But I like a bit of parity in the league. If I leave for Quebec, North America is essentially a one-team conference. Where is the fun in that? While I still think they are heavily favored to win the conference, maybe New York can pull off an upset.

New York is my VHL home. There is potential for Maxwell to set franchise records in goals and points if I can continue at a pace similar to the last couple seasons, and that's certainly something that factored into my decision. I'm a big fan of the historical aspect of the league, so I would be ecstatic if Maxwell could go down as one of the greatest in Americans history.