Claimed: Bogdanavic Upset at World Cup Snub?

TurnDaddy

Young defenseman Niko Bogdanavic was pretty hopeful he would see his name called for a World Cup Roster, but when he saw Team Europe was actually Team Western Europe, one of those landing spots was instantly out the window. Enter Team World. Exit Team World. As quick as he had hoped Team World would call his name, those hopes were dashed when the selections came and his name was not called. Enter one last chance with Team Mercs. Surely this Team of "misfits" would see a need for a young defenseman, right? Wrong. The third team Niko thought he would be in would be the third team that passed him up. How is the young player handling this news? 

"It sucks, to be blunt. After seeing a few guys that have played with me in the VHLM get their names called to be in the World Cup, I was very hopeful I would also see my name called. That obviously did not come to fruition. It's upsetting for sure, but at the end of the day I can only continue to work on my game and hope to be called at the next World Cup. I know the guys that were selected to all the teams are the best in the world and ultimely it makes me happy inside that I did not get chosen over someone else that might have been more worthy. Maybe if I had been born in a different country this would have been different, but we cannot chose we are from. I am proud to be Serbian. Again I will work harder to be selected next time!" 

Niko seems to be in better spirits after coming to some terms with this, but it's clear that it was initially upsetting to him. Does he plan on watching or paying attention to the World Cup after all this? 

"Of course. I'll watch as many games as I can, no hard feelings there. I'm sure I will also attend a game or two if my schedule will allow for it. The World Cup is entirely too much fun to boycott it based on simply being FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY from a roster." 

Will he be rooting for any team in particular or just enjoying it all? 

europe.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

"Europe is my home. Even though this is classified as Western Europe here, I will still consider that my home country. I will have a slight tie to that for that very reason, but also will just be trying to enjoy all the games. I don't have this hatred for countries based on ideals, etc etc, so I will be just rooting for good games and lots of scoring! May the best team win it all!" 

4 minutes ago, Jonessee27 said:

Can anyone please tell me why FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY gets changed to anally fisted by monkey? 

Someone (Kesler?) kept complaining they got s-n-u-b-b-e-d for an award, so it got switched as a joke.

I know Kesler was the one responsible for traded being changed to "shipped me off"

2 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Someone (Kesler?) kept complaining they got s-n-u-b-b-e-d for an award, so it got switched as a joke.

I know Kesler was the one responsible for traded being changed to "shipped me off"

FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY was a thing before kesler. I believe @.sniffuM is responsible

When I was trying to disguise my identity after busting with two players, I was kinda playing the fuckboy angle with Joey Clarence. I kept posting that I was getting FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY for attention in the Season 18 super draft and then Slobo went off in a podcast and filtered the word.

Speaking of filters, does anyone remember the days when bad words were filtered on the VHL, like fuck becoming fick and shit becoming shlt and all that? Good times.

On 5/28/2017 at 4:53 PM, .sniffuM said:

When I was trying to disguise my identity after busting with two players, I was kinda playing the fuckboy angle with Joey Clarence. I kept posting that I was getting FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY for attention in the Season 18 super draft and then Slobo went off in a podcast and filtered the word.

Speaking of filters, does anyone remember the days when bad words were filtered on the VHL, like fuck becoming fick and shit becoming shlt and all that? Good times.

That was when I was back in high school and still ESL so I had no idea snitch was the filter for bitch. I thought snitching was tattletaling or something like that where you "snitched someone out".

7 hours ago, punkhippie said:

That was when I was back in high school and still ESL so I had no idea snitch was the filter for bitch. I thought snitching was tattletaling or something like that where you "snitched someone out".

Well it is. :P

Who were you back then?