Finals GM 6: Vegas vs. Saskatoon

Higgins

Well, this game was close. We definitely battled in this series, and showed that Las Vegas had a team to compete against here in the playoffs. This series was a close one, and after we lost a big game last game, we in Saskatoon came out with a strong effort here. We had a couple more shots than the Aces, but ultimately gave up a couple of goals in the 3rd, one late in the game to lose it. Chet Manley maybe should have had that one, but I can't blame him.

Bo Boeser and McAllister really lit it up these playoffs, and I think McAllister is quickly showing to be a force and a future VHL star. Both of us have 80 Scoring, so that obviously helped, but it would have been nice to connect a couple more times in this game. :P

Obviously, the Aces depth showed themselves more here. Their scoring was more widely spread, and when you look at Saskatoon, both Boeser and McAllister have 21 points, while the next best has 7. I think some of our depth could have played better however, but you just can't predict the sim.

Congrats to the Aces. I once again could not win a VHLM championship. See you guys in the VHL in the near future!

Obviously disappointing by ending of the series, but it was a hard-fought bout and at least made for an exciting end to the season. Congratulations to the players on Las Vegas. We'll get you next time. ;)