Claimed: Claimed: VHL Pajodcast: The Fuck-Trust of the Process

Jericho

stockholm had more points in the VHL against better teams than Vegas did in the regular season. remove the VHL; VHLM only from now on

• Commissioner

Honestly I can't even explain my playoff performances, it makes no sense. Like @Devise said, purely going off sim stats there should have been NO REASON that I played that bad. We can say that Power should have been in for game 5 and what not but it made no logical sense to do so. However, for some reason, Holik has historically not performed well in the playoffs even when his attributes say that he should. I don't know what kind of weird background things go on in STHS but somehow certain players (myself) just can't manage to perform in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I can't even explain my playoff performances, it makes no sense. Like @Devise said, purely going off sim stats there should have been NO REASON that I played that bad. We can say that Power should have been in for game 5 and what not but it made no logical sense to do so. However, for some reason, Holik has historically not performed well in the playoffs even when his attributes say that he should. I don't know what kind of weird background things go on in STHS but somehow certain players (myself) just can't manage to perform in the playoffs.

To counteract this, both my goalies had the exact opposite luck in the playoffs that Holik has. Power, like Rift won the Cup in their first season with the team as rookies. Rift later won a playoff MVP despite not being the highest TPE goalie. And then you look at Power out dueling both Skye and Holik and then shutting out Stockholm in Game 7. All with rookie levels of TPE, he wasn't even at 400. 

While this may seem like me branding accomplishments, I'm mostly noting how in almost all the cases of these performances the goalie in question had far less TPE than Holik does. Yes there is a lot of reasoning and narrative and what have you. But @Beketov is right, there is also just luck of the sim. Especially in the playoffs, and even more especially with goalies in general. 

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Devise said:

To counteract this, both my goalies had the exact opposite luck in the playoffs that Holik has. Power, like Rift won the Cup in their first season with the team as rookies. Rift later won a playoff MVP despite not being the highest TPE goalie. And then you look at Power out dueling both Skye and Holik and then shutting out Stockholm in Game 7. All with rookie levels of TPE, he wasn't even at 400. 

While this may seem like me branding accomplishments, I'm mostly noting how in almost all the cases of these performances the goalie in question had far less TPE than Holik does. Yes there is a lot of reasoning and narrative and what have you. But @Beketov is right, there is also just luck of the sim. Especially in the playoffs, and even more especially with goalies in general. 

This honestly might be my last goalie because of the inconsistency. It happens with all players but goalies it easily hits harder. Overall means nothing, attributes mean nothing, TPE means nothing. The sim will decide which goalies it likes and which ones it hates (especially in the playoffs) and no amount of TPE earning will change that. Assuming similar stats to this season I'll be top 3 in GAA and shutouts all-time but still haven't managed to get to the cup finals even though I played on contending teams for the majority of my career. It makes basically no sense.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

This honestly might be my last goalie because of the inconsistency. It happens with all players but goalies it easily hits harder. Overall means nothing, attributes mean nothing, TPE means nothing. The sim will decide which goalies it likes and which ones it hates (especially in the playoffs) and no amount of TPE earning will change that. Assuming similar stats to this season I'll be top 3 in GAA and shutouts all-time but still haven't managed to get to the cup finals even though I played on contending teams for the majority of my career. It makes basically no sense.

To have the top three in GAA should be quite the accomplishment, especially considering 927 TPE is nowhere near top 3 in goaltenders.

• Commissioner
35 minutes ago, Bushitroll said:

To have the top three in GAA should be quite the accomplishment, especially considering 927 TPE is nowhere near top 3 in goaltenders.

To be fair it's hard to predict GAA but my 1.49 this year will drop it from 2.16 to 2.06. So if I can get the same drop next season I'll be top 3.