Claimed: Season 1 Draft

OK, time to go through all these drafts one by one dammit, I have been wanting to do this and have been starting on and off again some places but from here on out I will finish this out. Except for the yearly ASG picks I like to do. After I finish a draft I will review trades that involved some picks during that time to have a nice break from it. Because fucking YOLO. 

:ams:Round 1, Pick 1: Goaltender Robert Sharpe

Regular Season Stats:
274 GP | 144 W | 100 L | 21 OTL | 0.889 SV% | 3.10 G.A.A | 14 SO | 0 A

Playoffs Stats:
15 GP | 8 W | 5 L | 1 OTL | 0.885 SV% | 3.21 G.A.A | 2 SO | 0 A

The Amstel Tigers did not hold the 1st overall pick by lottery, the Tigers made a trade with the Calgary Wranglers for the 1st overall pick. To the Amstel Tigers was 1st overall and 16th overall and to the Calgary Wranglers was 6th overall and 11th overall.

Robert Sharpe is the man who holds the honor of being the very first pick in the VHL. Not only did he have the pressure of being a goalie but he had the pressure of being the first overall pick in the first ever draft in the Victory Hockey League. All this pressure led to Mr.Sharpe using banned substances and he faced a season long practice ban from the VHL head office. During the season he was traded to the then Stockholm Thunder (who did not become the Stockholm Vikings we know today, they in fact become the Riga Reign). The trade was Robert Sharpe,  a Season 2 Hamilton 2nd Round Draft Pick (Hamilton later becomes the New York Americans) and a Season 3 Amstel 3rd Round Draft Pick for Center Alex Gegeny and Goaltender Sam Martin. 

His time in Stockholm was nothing to write home about until he was traded to the Calgary Wranglers in Season 3. The deal was Goaltender Drew Barclay, Season 4 Calgary 1st Round Draft Pick and a Season 5 Calgary 2nd Round Draft Pick. During this time with the Wranglers, Robert Sharpe would win a Continental Cup as the Wranglers repeated as Champions for the first time in league history. I believe he would play one more season with the Wranglers as the team tried to make another run for the Cup. However, Season 3 would be the top of Robert Sharpe's career because he won the Cup. 

Sharpe has some decent career stats with a record of 144-100-21 with a 0.889 save percentage and a 3.10 G.A.A. His games played are around 59th all time, his wins are around 54th all-time which is tied with Hall of Famer Maxim Desny btw, his losses are 65th all-time tied with CAL G, his save percentage is around 105th all time, his G.A.A is around 68th all time just ahead of Jesus Christ and finally his shutouts are around 57th all time ahead of Tayson Barabash and just behind Max Weinstein.

Overall, Robert Sharpe gets a bad rep from his season long practice ban but he was a very decent goalie with potential for so much more had he not retired 4 seasons into his career. The Player Agency would go on to become one of the longest standing members of this site and hands down make his best player after the retirement of Sharpe. That man is none other than @Beketov.