Claimed: Wolf Ends Final Season On Fire

Banackock

Sven Wolf has never necessarily been a household name in the Victory Hockey League, but when it came to the streets of Seattle, jerseys flocked everywhere, people knew the name and there was even a bar named after him downtown near the arena called the "Wolf's Den". We remember it just like yesterday. A young, eager, Swedish kid waiting in the stands for his name to be called in the VHLM draft. A kid putting on a huge amount of skills in the VHLM, eventually having his name automatically go to the Seattle Bears organization. Despite this automatic doing, Wolf had no complaints with his new home. In fact, he embraced the situation and over time became one of the faces of the franchise. A leader. An elite passer who was willing to put it all on the line for the chance at bringing a championship to his new home, Seattle.

The chance at a cup came a couple times, however, the team never got to make it all the way to a cup or the finals. Despite the fact they didn't manage to reach the end goal, you'd have to think that over so many years of success and with the same group of people, you'd come to gain some pretty great memories in your career. The Bears organization called themselves a family and showed an extreme amount of loyalty right up until their dismantle a season prior. Though he is now a member of the Stockholm Vikings playing in his final season, we texted the Wolf of Seattle  Stockholm to see what he looks back on during his time in Seattle.

One of the biggest things I look back on was the journey as a whole. Joining the team, we were at the early stages of a quick paced rebuild. Then, we added an amazing, loyal and enjoyable group of guys that really made the place that much more of an experience. Together, we fought. We trained hard and all had the same goal clearly in mind. We wanted to win - but not just win. We wanted to win together. Year after year, we stuck together and every loss, it made us want it that much more together. We pushed, we really got into it. It's honestly a shame we never won a cup together. Hands down, even after a cup win this year as a possibility, would have easily been the highlight of my career.

Next to that, it would have to be when Rodriguez switched to center and displayed a huge amount of loyalty and such to the organization. Without him, we wouldn't have been able to make the push and it showed me what it takes to be a great player. You don't always have to score goals, points or stuff like that. I don't want greedy people on the team. It's a team first guy you want and it always seems to work out good for them. 

Then we got playing with Maximoff. Always been a huge fan of him and his player agent and we go back quite a ways believe it or not. Maximoff is an incredible talent and the goals he puts up on a regular basis is incredible. It was a blast playing with him and a lot of fun. Didn't matter if it was in a game or practice, always lit the place up with good vibes.

Last thing on the top of my head would have to be the ending. It really was shitty the way things ended. Funny to say that after just saying it was a good thing, but let me explain. It really was amazing spending all those seasons with the same guys, and to have it end and watch us all get traded, it really sucked. They were hard moves to make. That speaks volume I think. That's a pretty lucky situation to have such a good group of guys that it's hard to do something like that. I think that's what it's all about.

Now, it's time to end everything off on a good note. Time to take the cup with Stockholm and add to the list of personal highlights in my career.

For Federov (6)

8 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

Shame bro. Don't let them drop off. Keep them going.

Struggling pretty hard last couple weeks. Worked 31.5 hours Saturday and Sunday alone - 15 today. Found a way to write an article today but always get stuck on what to write about and give up, lol. 

I'm sure I'll keep flying. :) 

11 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Struggling pretty hard last couple weeks. Worked 31.5 hours Saturday and Sunday alone - 15 today. Found a way to write an article today but always get stuck on what to write about and give up, lol. 

I'm sure I'll keep flying. :) 

Ask those who have been here for 40+ seasons and are still writing.