S54 Team World Discussion

Gudnason

So the first six players have just been named - Jakab Holik, Bobby Digital, Pietro Maximoff, Franchise Cornerstone, Fook Yu, and Takashi Fujimoto.

As a preliminary objective, Team World will be doing its best to earn a medal this tournament.

On 2017/5/19 at 3:02 AM, gorlab said:

need CONRAD JENKINS on the squad pls & ty 

I will admit I made a mistake when announcing the initial six players for the roster. Conrad Jenkins should have been ahead of Takashi Fujimoto in any and most cases. Aside from Maximoff, Cornerstone, Digital, and Holikolov being correct choices, I will say I kind of picked Fook Yu and Fujimoto right off the bat without looking at all my choices, because they were both East Asian and I kinda have a long-standing bias towards Fong, and was teammates with Boom the whole year. I still debated a long time on taking Jenkins as the sixth forward, but definitely not at the expense of dropping Fujimoto because I REALLY didn't want to drop anybody that I already named and crush their spirits and potentially ruin future encounters. To be honest I debated dropping Fujimoto and/or Federov quite a bit the last few days. Ended up not taking Jenkins even with two open forward slots as I deemed Rodriguez and Krigars were better fits for the team with the other four forwards already named. It was also tough giving @hedgehog337 two spots in the team when I wanted as much active people as possible, but in the end I did what I had to do...

Congrats to Krigars and @evrydayimbyfuglien on the last two forward spots.

Regrets to @KitRas @Tyler @Kylrad and myself for missing out on the last forward spot. Honestly it took a LOT of thinking and internal debate and I doubted myself countless times. And I only threw myself in the mix because with about two more weeks of PTs before the WC starts, I could have potentially had at least 36 TPE to work with and mold a decent player that fitted the team style if I did my AB and RP.

Drop me.... really. It won't crush me as I'm not very invested in the VHL any more. Not like I have been with previous players. If you have time to amend the roster, please do so. The players on the roster deserve the best players around them and not a player like Fujimoto who won't be above 175 until he goes to Davos next season.

On 2017/5/15 at 4:38 AM, punkhippie said:

Forwards

#25 - Romania - Pietro Maximoff, Stockholm Vikings - @Green

#97 - Mongolia - Franchise Cornerstone, Helsinki Titans - @boubabi

#88 - Hong Kong - Fook Yu, Quebec City Meute - @tfong

#55 - Mexico - Felipe Rodriguez, Quebec City Meute - @evrydayimbyfuglien

#17 - Mongolia - Conrad Jenkins, Stockholm Vikings - @Kylrad

#98 - China - Rudi Ying, Las Vegas Aces - @punkhippie

Defensemen

#11 - Ukraine - Bobby Digital, New York Americans - @gorlab

#89 - Latvia - Guntis Petenis, Riga Reign - @hedgehog337

#7 - Russia - Maksym Barnyashev, Helsinki Titans - @Wasty

#63 - Russia - Aleksei Federov, Seattle Bears - @Banackock

Goaltenders

#35 - Czech Republic - Jakab Holik, New York Americans - @Beketov

#10 - Dominican Republic - Edwi Threencarnac, Quebec City Meute - @YEAH!stlemania

Honorary member:

#4 - Singapore - Takashi Fujimoto, Las Vegas Aces (HC Davos Dynamo) - @BOOM

Roster set. Jenkins and Ying replace Fujimoto and Krigars.

Ying was NOT a selfish choice. I needed a pass-first forward and I still had TPE to mold him.

I only chose Krigars before because with Fujimoto still on the roster I planned on one balanced line and one run-and-gun line, which won't happen now.

On 2017-5-21 at 1:20 PM, punkhippie said:

Roster set. Jenkins and Ying replace Fujimoto and Krigars.

Ying was NOT a selfish choice. I needed a pass-first forward and I still had TPE to mold him.

I only chose Krigars before because with Fujimoto still on the roster I planned on one balanced line and one run-and-gun line, which won't happen now.

@Beketov

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

I hadn't read that yet. And to be fair I did say (sr at least meant to if I didn't) that I wasn't sure on your rationale, I was simply spit balling. If it was the best choice then it was the best choice, simple as that.

10 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I hadn't read that yet. And to be fair I did say (sr at least meant to if I didn't) that I wasn't sure on your rationale, I was simply spit balling. If it was the best choice then it was the best choice, simple as that.

Well that's why I tagged you, assumed you hadn't read it yet.

And no one said you were starting -_-

• Commissioner
24 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Well that's why I tagged you, assumed you hadn't read it yet.

And no one said you were starting -_-

@YEAH!stlemania will have your head if he gets the starts.