Claimed: All-Stars for the season [1/2]

Since we never had a All-Star game at mid-season like we grew accustomed the past few seasons. So here are my picks for all-stars at the end of this season.

Forwards

:nya:Diana Maxwell

:nya:Unassissted

:sto:Tyson Kohler

:nya:Tom Lincoln

:sto:Pietro Maximoff

:que:Lukas Muller

:hel:Theo Axelsson

:que:Pierre Gaudette

:sto:Sven Wolf

:nya:Essian Ravenwing

:que:John Locke

:hel:Franchise Cornerstone

The New York Americans are one of the top teams in the VHL again this season and they have the star power to prove it. Both Diana Maxwell and Unassisted play for the Americans and they are the top two point producers this season. Diana Maxwell has scored 55 goals and assisted on 59 goals for 114 points. She is one of two 50 goal scorers this season. Unassisted is one of the leading assist getters this season with 45 goals and 66 assists for 111 points. Tom Lincoln is the third player on the line and is 4th in league scoring with 48 goals and 58 assists for 106 points which is 1 point behind third place. Finally one of the better secondary scorers in the VHL is Essian Ravenwing who has scored 32 goals and 52 assists for 84 points. Ravenwing is one of the better secondary scorers in the league.

Tyson Kohler has been one of the underrated players in the VHL for a long time but has broken out in a big way since leaving the Cologne Express after his rookie contract expired. However, despite all this he has been constantly near the top of the scoring leaderboard but has not been talked about one of the elite in the VHL. Tyson is 3rd in league scoring with 51 goals and 56 assists for 107 points. His linemates, Pietro Maximoff and Sven Wolf are amongst the best in the league as well. Maximoff has broken 100 points this season with 47 goals and 53 assists. Sven Wolf has been the center of this line with 29 goals and 56 assists for 85 points. 

Lukas Muller has come a long way in just his second season I believe. He is on the verge of a 100 point season with 35 goals and 63 assists for 98 points. Pierre Gaudette too has broken 90 points this season with 44 goals and 46 assists for 90 points. He has a outside chance at breaking 100 if he goes ham in the final 4 games. Finally to complete the line for the Meute is rookie John Locke who is having a fine rookie season with 39 goals and 38 assists for 78 points. These three aren't the only scorers on the team as the Meute have some great depth and should be a great team for seasons to come.

Theo Axelsson and Franchise Cornerstone round out my picks for all-stars as they are the two straws that stir the drink in Helsinki. Axelsson is on the verge of a 100 point season with 49 goals and 45 assists for 94 points. He is far and away the best forward on the Titans. Of course, second year man Franchise Cornerstone is not far behind with 27 goals and 50 assists for 77 points. The low point total shouldn't throw you off as he has shown that he can be a top set up man for years to come in the VHL.

Defenseman

:que:Titan Kronos

:rig:Guntis Petenis

:hel:Black Velvet

:nya:Bobby Digital

:sto:Lee King Snatch

:que:Fabio Jokinen

:sto:Tobias Klingberg

:rig:Elijah Dotran

The man known as Titan Kronos who sat out a whole season last year has come back with a vengeance to lead all defenseman in scoring with 25 goals and 60 assists for 85 points. His defense partner was picked by many to be one of the best defenseman this season. Points wise, he is just 6th but one would argue that he is 4th or 5th this season as a top all around defender. Jokinen has scored 14 goals and assisted on 57 goals for 71 points this season.

A surprising duo has broken out this season with Guntis Petenis coming over from Seattle while Elijah Dotran has been slowly developing in the minors for Riga. Petenis is coming closing the between him and Kronos with 36 goals and 45 assists for 81 points. Dotran has the last spot in my mind as him and Petenis have formed a solid duo on the back end for Riga to build around. Dotran has 3 goals and 63 assists for 66 points. 

Black Velvet is the lone representative from the Helsinki blueline. He has been one of the best defenseman in the VHL for a long time now and he continues to show why he is each and every season. He too has a shot at catching Kronos for the most points by a defenseman this season. Velvet has scored 25 goals and assisted on 56 goals for 81 points on the season. He is just 4 points behind Titan and tied with Guntis, so it will be interesting to see who is named top defenseman this season.

The man known as the eraser, Bobby Digital has been one of the premier set up men for the Americans for his whole tenure here. He has assisted on 75 goals for 75 points this season. Yes, you read that right, Digital has not scored a single goal this season yet is 4th in defenseman scoring. When he get the puck on the PP you almost have to know he is going to pass it and not shoot. Digital has only attempted 44 shots this season which is 0.6 per game.

Lee King Snatch and Tobias Klingberg are the last two defenseman to make my all-star ballot. Snatch has been the backbone of the Stockholm defense for his whole career is now starting to show signs of breaking out into the upper echelon of defenseman. He has scored 22 goals and assisted on 49 goals for 71 points. Tobias Klingberg has been great since joining from Calgary in a trade two seasons ago. Klingberg has scored 7 goals and assisted on 63 goals for 70 points.

Goaltenders

:que:Apollo Skye

:sto:Rhett DeGrath

:hel:Astrid Moon

:nya:Jakub Holik

:cal:Jacob

:col:Markus King 

Apollo Skye seems to be the top goaltender in the VHL this season. He has been one of the bright spots on some bad teams for most of his career so this is a nice little breakout that will give him the credit he deserves. Skye has a record of 47-7-4 with a 1.45 G.A.A and a 0.934 save percentage. Apollo also has 16 shutouts and 3 assists. 

Rhett DeGrath was in the same boat as Skye before breaking out last season. He now is one of the top goaltenders in the league. He leads the VHL in wins this season with a record of 56-4-2 with a 1.31 G.A.A and a 0.931 save percentage. He also has 15 shutouts and 3 assists on the season. With a stellar record like that and a save percentage that high and a G.A.A that low it will be almost a certainty that he should win the Aiden Shaw Trophy.

Astrid Moon has improved by leaps and bounds this season and that is only good news for the Helsinki Titans. Moon has repaid the Titans with a 40-11-8 record and a 1.44 G.A.A and a 0.931 save percentage. So much better than the sub .900 save percentage season he put up last season. Moon also has 17 shutouts on the season to go with 1 assist. I think this is great for the Moon agency, now hopefully he won't retire early because that seems like that will be the only thing to stop Moon from reaching super stardom and possibly Shaw Trophies.

The old man on this ballot is Jakub Holik who is in his last season I believe, if not his second last season. Holik is proving that he can still keep up with the younger goalies and in some ways be better than them. Jakub has a record of 42-16-1 with a 1.50 G.A.A and a 0.931 save percentage. Holik also leads the league in shutouts with 18 on the year and it remains to be seen if he can reach the 20 mark which would be remarkable. It will be tough for him to break the Shaw ballot but given his age and how he is doing he should make it in my opinion.

The man simply known as Jacob is the goalie for Calgary who currently has the #TrustTheProcess going on right now. Jacob seems to have bought in and is having a very fine season on a team that shouldn't be competing. Jacob has a record of 18-42-4 with a 2.94 G.A.A and a 0.928 save percentage. Jacob also has 5 shutouts which is kind of remarkable considering how bad his team is.

Markus King is another rookie who I think should be included. He is a true rookie in the league as this is his first season after the draft while Jacob spent another season in the VHLM after his draft year. King has a record of 17-40-7 with a 2.80 G.A.A and a 0.925 save percentage. Like Jacob, Markus has 5 shutouts which is around 29/30% of his wins which again is remarkable. 

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Abbott = Bust

Yup and you started 6 weeks before me and are up by 38 TPE, No worries though you can say I'll retire again and I can laugh in your face as King's career goes up in smoke. The only time you'll be relevant is when Abbott is on your blue line in the World Cups.

Edited by Bushitroll

6 minutes ago, Bushitroll said:

Yup and you started 6 weeks before me and are up by 38 TPE, No worries though you can say I'll retire again and I can laugh in your face as King's career goes up in smoke. The only time you'll be relevant is when Abbott is on your blue line in the World Cups.

Tickled so easily.

12 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

You got heated pretty easily. Buttons are pushed that quickly, its fun.

lol, you think this is heated? Jesus you live a sheltered life.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

No but you rambled pretty early, it means a lot to you.

Rambled? Fuck are you stretching. lol, typical

1 hour ago, Bushitroll said:

Just to point something out though, you had carryover TPE.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: All-Stars for the season [1/2]