Should a VHL GM be allowed to GM a VHLM team?

Vote  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Senior Admin

I voted no guy with the assumption there would be an acceptable alternative for the VHLM team. If it was the case that there was no other options, I don't see why not, but with only 5 VHLM jobs there shouldn't be people with both unless necessary. 

Although, if it improved VHLM GM quality perhaps it would be beneficial. I do think there has been an awful lot of hiring people for such important job a lot earlier than they should be (out of necessity), so I guess I'm pretty moderate on it. Do note that by acceptable alternative I mean someone 'qualified' not just that someone exists. 

@Will pretty much nailed my opinion on the matter, I don't think a VHL GM should be considered unable to hold a VHLM GM job, but should there be at least one decent candidate not in a VHL GM position, then they should get it ahead of them. 

Which will be the case at least the next time VHLM applications roll round because I'll definitely be applying. 

5 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

@Will pretty much nailed my opinion on the matter, I don't think a VHL GM should be considered unable to hold a VHLM GM job, but should there be at least one decent candidate not in a VHL GM position, then they should get it ahead of them. 

Which will be the case at least the next time VHLM applications roll round because I'll definitely be applying. 

I thought you said they had to be qualified!

PEWPEW!

35 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I thought you said they had to be qualified!

PEWPEW!

How dare you question the mans qualifications. All he needs to cite is Brekking Bad. He's a GM'ing genius!

Edited by BOOM

I don't think it should be allowed as a general rule, but it would make sense that if no eligible/acceptable members apply for the job, a VHL GM could step in on a temporary basis to pull double duty until they can hand it off to someone else. Or even to mentor someone who isn't exactly there yet until they can give over the keys entirely.

5 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

IT'S CALLED TANKING YOU TALENTLESS DOOFUS

something like I forgot to do with Riga this season :th_mayweathercry:

So you purposely tanked in the VHLM? Hmmm no wonder you shouldn't be the GM

29 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

smh

More than half of S52 squad went to the VHL/other VHLM teams via draft, the others were traded to more active teams. Makes sense.

40 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That was the culture I remember from my first player, each team traded actives for picks. So every season was 2 competitive teams, 2 teams with inactive GM's and 2 teams who were tanking intentionally.

I am not sure if that changed in my time away, but highly doubt it looking at LV this season and hearing about OTT last. I dont agree with it but can fully understand why any GM would do it. The league needs a culture change in management and it looks as if you all have done well trying to see that happen.

No I dont think anyone should have a team in both leauges, unless absolutely necessary. I would be interested at a GM position myself if one was available right now.

14 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

smh

More than half of S52 squad went to the VHL/other VHLM teams via draft, the others were traded to more active teams. Makes sense.

So did you claim anyone? Because the goal of the VHLM is to develop, not to win cup year after year and then tank to load up on picks. SMH

8 hours ago, Kendrick said:

So did you claim anyone? Because the goal of the VHLM is to develop, not to win cup year after year and then tank to load up on picks. SMH

SMH  SMH SMH

I managed to claim one, but it's not like he could've made Bratislava a team with really active LR.