VHLM – Get Your Shit Together

Tagger

Question

First off, I’d like to congratulate the VHLM for being the first ever recipient of the “YEAH!stlemania made a Thunderdome topic about us which was not a joke about PIMs or being the best goalie in the league which means we done fucked up” award, well done to everyone involved. And yes, I’m using the Thunderdome section that’s named after me, because fuck you that’s why.

But seriously guys, I have been a staunch critic of the VHLM and development systems in sim leagues in general for a while now, but after I had created Ky, I was actually genuinely excited about being a part of the VHLM and not just because of the unique quirks of the player. I feel like the VHLM conceptually is moving in the right direction and while there’s a bit of “early instalment weirdness” such as the drop in stats and the Aces being able to make such an overpowering team, I think with a few adjustments here and there (I’ve seen some good suggestions in the BOG regarding what to do from here such as the further restrictions on draft pick trading which may or may not have already been added) I think we can actually make it into the solid development territory that the VHL wants it to be and it’s something that I hope I can be a part of with Ky. The only problem is, when I say “hope”, I don’t mean “Oh boy, I hope I can be a part of this someday, can’t right now but maybe I’ll be able to later” but instead “hope” being “For the love of god, I hope to hell that this isn’t yet another day where I’m not featured in a sim because this is taking the piss.”

For those of you who aren’t aware of what I’m talking about; I created Aackckqz Ky on Wednesday 3rd May, it is now Wednesday 10th May and for god knows what reason, I’m still not on a VHLM roster, nor have I featured in any VHLM sim since Ky was created. Not only that, I had to wait over four days until I finally received an offer after it appears that the GMs awoke from a slumber after it was made evidently clear that no VHLM player should be waiting four fucking days for a VHLM offer. So, on top of that, I agreed to join a team on Sunday, and it is now Wednesday and for god knows what reason, I’m still not in the fucking sim! It’s at this really bizarre point where I feel like for it to have ended up like this, I must have done something wrong, yet at the same time know that I absolutely haven’t!

Now honestly, if it was just me that was the issue, I wouldn’t even be making this Thunderdome thread, I might make reference to it in a media or a VHL.com article or something of that nature. But the problem is that it isn’t just me that is having these problems with the VHL, it’s actually several people that are having these same problems finding teams, whether that’s because they weren’t offered for by GM’s until ages later either or not ending up in the sim. I could just list them, but fuck it, here’s a Venn Diagram!

vsf3zdM.png

I think the worst name to see on this diagram is Matthieu Bourdon. While everyone else on the left-hand side or the middle created around the same period where every GM fell into a self-induced coma (IDK, it’s only the most prominent time for recreating players, no big deal!), Bourdon actually joined five days later, and is now having the same problems that those other players were having before him in that no VHLM GM is making him an offer, despite the fact that Frank has already alerted you guys to his availability and it was made clear not even a week prior that people shouldn’t be fucking waiting this long even just for OFFERS!

I think the extra detail that drove me to make this post in here was something that I found in a media spot that I just found to be another level of fucking ridiculous. In a thread that was essentially talking about the state of reviewers in the VHL, one VHLM commissioner and one VHLM GM (and I’m not tagging, because in an article titled “VHLM – Get Your Shit Together”, I would damn well hope you’d read it) stated that they’d be willing to help out with the reviewing, ALL WHILE THERE WERE GUYS WHO HAD BEEN WITHOUT AN OFFER IN THE VHLM FOR FOUR FUCKNG DAYS! How about instead of focusing on getting more jobs, you make sure you’re doing the jobs that you are currently assigned to do correctly first?

Look, I understand that this is all for fun better than anyone. Fuck, I made the guy who did nothing but hit people and made articles about how he’d burn down property and shit on ice rinks.  But VHLM guys, and I’m primarily talking to the Commissioners and the VHLM GM’s (bar Punkhippie and to a lesser extent Jardy since they had way too many defensemen anyways), I hope you guys do have fun in your roles and continue to enjoy the VHL and the VHLM, but you have to understand that in the roles you are in, you currently possess a significant amount of control over how much enjoyment and involvement OTHER PEOPLE can have in the VHLM and, right now, you just aren’t doing enough in that regard. It’s not difficult, nor time consuming, to make a bid for a player or let GM’s know of available players. These are the simple things that should be second nature to anyone in the role, let’s get it back on track, yeah?

9 answers to this question

• Senior Admin

Yeah not really sure why we haven't been added to the sim yet. I do know the VHLM commissioners are meant to PM Higgins all roster movement as it occurs, I'm not sure if they're doing that or not but it could somewhat explain it if they aren't. Not a great excuse either way, it's not cool to make people wait this long and waste games they should be playing in  >.<

37 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

I'm sorry you waited so long for an offer. I could have given an offer to you, but then people would bitch about how Las Vegas has too many players and don't give them enough playing time or not and we are just signing guys to hog them all and starve the competition.

Edit: sorry didn't finish reading and saw the bar punkhippie part :wub:

I mean but people have a right to bitch about that. It should never be acceptable for a GM to let potentially first gens sit around for days on end with nothing to do and no offers. That is simply the wrong approach to not only keeping members but showing them that we are invested in them as well. Which is why I think the GM's should probably take a lot of the blame. Even if you know because there is less of them all it takes is a few guys to be busy and not come online for a good 3+ days and your suddenly in a bad spot. 

But I mean the Vegas one team dominance likely regardless of what any of the other teams do probably has pushed all these standards of activity and how we approach the league down. And it seems pretty systemic. From VHLM Commish to some of the GM's. Higgins may sim but we can't ask him to babysit you guys for everything. I have to agree with @YEAH!stlemania here. 

11 minutes ago, Devise said:

I mean but people have a right to bitch about that. It should never be acceptable for a GM to let potentially first gens sit around for days on end with nothing to do and no offers. That is simply the wrong approach to not only keeping members but showing them that we are invested in them as well. Which is why I think the GM's should probably take a lot of the blame. Even if you know because there is less of them all it takes is a few guys to be busy and not come online for a good 3+ days and your suddenly in a bad spot. 

But I mean the Vegas one team dominance likely regardless of what any of the other teams do probably has pushed all these standards of activity and how we approach the league down. And it seems pretty systemic. From VHLM Commish to some of the GM's. Higgins may sim but we can't ask him to babysit you guys for everything. I have to agree with @YEAH!stlemania here. 

I meant if I signed people or not I would have gotten in controversy either way. Lesser of two evils here

I'm sorry you waited so long for an offer. I could have given an offer to you, but then people would bitch about how Las Vegas has too many players and don't give them enough playing time or not and we are just signing guys to hog them all and starve the competition.

Edit: sorry didn't finish reading and saw the bar punkhippie part :wub:

Edited by punkhippie