I HELPED MAKE A MOVIE

Sandro

Hey all. Some of you noticed I popped back in after mostly disappearing over the last two years because of school. Well, here's a payoff for ya. BTW @Kendrick told me to make a thread for this. :P

I'm sure some of you have heard about the documentary I Am Heath Ledger.

It premiered at Tribeca last month, had a one night only event screening across the US on May 3rd, is currently playing in select cities in Canada, and opens up across Australia on the 11th. I had the grand opportunity to work on this film for five weeks, and it is my first of hopefully many feature film credits. I'd recommend checking it out in theatres if you can, but if not the 60 minute version airs on Spike on May 17th, or you can be smart and wait for May 22nd when it will air in its entirety on The Movie Network in Canada and release on iTunes.

It's worth checking out. Not just because you can watch the credits and be like "HEY I KNOW THAT GUY" when my name shows up. Because Heath was tremendously talented and by all accounts a really awesome dude, and the world lost him way too soon because of an accident. I know I found it very inspiring listening to all the stories being told about him, and even working alongside one of his very good friends and talking to him a bit about Heath... In my mind he's the epitome of "half as long, twice as bright".

And for good measure, here's what it looked like to see my name on a big screen for the first time. :)

b85dd5ce36598118ce1804d2f3dc3686.png

Edited by Sandro

Nice. But lets be honest, ­"post-production assistant" must be the vaguest title ever. What have you done precisely ? 

Edited by boubabi

23 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Nice. But lets be honest, ­"post-production assistant" must be the vaguest title ever. What have you done precisely ? 

Assistant editor type stuff. Interview string outs, pulling archival clips for the editors, bringing in masters and prepping the project file for colour and audio, outputting clips for permissions/licensing, etc. I essentially did whatever they needed me to do on a given day, within my knowledge of the company's workflow. So I did more the longer I was there, basically.

5 minutes ago, Sandro said:

Assistant editor type stuff. Interview string outs, pulling archival clips for the editors, bringing in masters and prepping the project file for colour and audio, outputting clips for permissions/licensing, etc. I essentially did whatever they needed me to do on a given day, within my knowledge of the company's workflow. So I did more the longer I was there, basically.

wat aboot coffee 

• Commissioner

Getting credits is always fun. The glow wears off a little bit it's always still cool when it pops up. Sadly I haven't managed the big screen yet since the only feature I worked on didn't credit me (long story) but even the TV screen is pretty fun, plus it means 8-12 a year depending on the show haha.

Still, I gotta say, this project seems significantly more interesting than what we usually get on the east coast. Or at least less French.

Edit: As an aside, we have at least 3-4 Filmmaker's as members or former members of this site. It's honestly a travesty that we have never actually made "VHL: The Movie" (working title) a reality.

Edited by Beketov

9 hours ago, Beketov said:

It's honestly a travesty that we have never actually made "VHL: The Movie" (working title) a reality.

Cast:

@Higgins - James Franco

@Will - Jon Hamm

@JardyB10 - Morgan Freeman

@sterling - Clint Eastwood

@Victor - Michael Caine

@BOOM - Eric Bana / Jackie Chan

@Devise - Himself

@Advantage - Himself

@Jericho - Himself

@Corco - Kyle Snow

@Da Trollfecta - Jared Leto