Some stuff about Stockholm [1/2]

Some stuff about Stockholm

With a goal differential of +137 the Stockholm Vikings are still the top dogs in the league after 6o of the 72 games. From these 60 games, they have won 54 of them, lost 4 and lost 2 in overtime so they would at least pick up the extra bonus point. A big part of this reason is once again Tyson Kohler, last year’s leading scorer of the Stockholm Vikings. Last year he played with Shawn Muller and Travis Gowecny, this year he is playing with Sven Wolf and Pietro Maximoff, both who were acquired from the yardsale the Seattle Bears had. And just like this year, he is the thriving force of this trio. While Maximoff was leading the team in points for a big part of the season, Kohler stayed consistent and with a recent point surge, he is nearing the 50 goals again.

BB140407AT002-2.jpg

The Vikings are also doing better as a team this year, as last year they ended on a total of 51 wins, so with 12 games to go, they already have 3 more wins, so this season is a success already. The same can be said about the goal differential, last season they had 245 goals ahead, 151 goals against for a net result of 94 positive, a difference of 43 more as last year. So the team really hopes they can continue this trend upwards into the playoffs, where they can win the cup again for the first time since S26 when the franchise was still in Vasteras. After four seasons without a playoff appearance, Stockholm made it to the finals last season where they lost in seven games to the New York Americans.

This year they hope to do better, the team is in a shape rarely seen before thanks to the perfect team building strategy of Chris Miller, who earlier lead the New York Americans to the cup. Now he took on the challenge to once again break the Vasteras curse and make Stockholm a franchise that people need to be afraid about, a true challenger for seasons to come. With a youthful second line with players like Xander Finn, Brock Dragonslayer and Condrad Jenkins they have a lot of secondary scoring that can win games when the first line doesn’t show up.

134887.jpg

It wil be a hard challenge for the Vikings though, as in North America there are two very good teams in the New York Americans (who has the highest scoring first line currently in the league), the Quebec City Meute, who are leading the conference, but also in Europe the Helsinki Titans are hoping to be able to cause an upset and make sure they can be crowned the kings of Europe again.

All in all, it will be an exciting race to see, but currently the Tyson Kohler Vikings are the team to  beat, so let’s hope they can hold on and not give into the pressure that is ahead of them.

For Maximoff - double recruitment week

Edited by Green

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Some stuff about Stockholm [1/2]
2 hours ago, BOOM said:

I'm very happy with the quality members that are currently in a Davos uniform, or will be next season.

@Smarch

@Pablo

@Street x Lite

@TheLastOlympian07

@BOOM

sure @Victor or @Doomsday would be great additions but I have every confidence in the team that Smarch is assembling.

Oh no doubt. This isn't me knocking what @Smarch is doing, just feel like either of those two would put you over the top :)

6 hours ago, Da Trollfecta said:

Oh no doubt. This isn't me knocking what @Smarch is doing, just feel like either of those two would put you over the top :)

Well his plans for next season should be very pleasing indeed. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 5/9/2017 at 2:59 PM, BOOM said:

I'm very happy with the quality members that are currently in a Davos uniform, or will be next season.

@Smarch

@Pablo

@Street x Lite

@TheLastOlympian07

@BOOM

sure @Victor or @Doomsday would be great additions but I have every confidence in the team that Smarch is assembling.

I don't.

I don't know what @Smarch is doing but I sure as hell don't have confidence in it.