Claimed: Felix Savard Biography [1/2]

Frank

This is the Story of Felix Savard

Written by: Frank Chadwick

Opening

This is not a very sad story which has no ending so I suggest you save yourself the trouble and stop reading here. For this story is not really a "story" but more a biography of the life of one Felix Savard. As he grows up in the bustling city of Montreal trying to carve out a hockey career. Now when I said this story was sad I didn't mean it would bring tears to your eyes, but rather it's sad that this is a story I have to call "true" but in reality all persons and events in this story are fictitious. 

Early Life

Felix Savard was born in Montreal, Quebec north east of the 40 in a rough neighborhood. Savard's father was an iron worker and his mother was a school teacher who had Wednesdays and Sundays off. His father rarely had time off and Felix's mother was left to care for him. Savard was first interested in hockey when he went to a Montreal Canadiens game live for the first time. At that time Saku Koivu was the premiere player for the Canadiens. A player who fought through adversity and overcame obstacles to stay in the NHL. He bought his first pair of skates when he was eight, he had saved up money from birthdays and work as a paper boy. His parents woke up early to take him to practice and stayed up late to watch his games. No hockey player is successful without a good support network. Thus a foundation was built that Savard would be able to catapult into future success. 

Image result for bchl

Felix Savard playing for his high school hockey team. 

High School

The moment Felix knew he could make a career out of the sport was when he made his high school team. The Montreal Central were the top team for all 3 seasons Savard manned the blueline. His coach had never seen a player with such poise and calmness in the defensive end of the rink. Scouts from the VHLM came to watch Savard ahead of the Season 54 draft. But we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves. I mentioned early this story was sad, then I sort of played it off. I may have lied as Felix's mother passed away when he entered his sophomore year. She would be the inspiration for him leading all players in Quebec high schools with over 3 points per game in his sophomore season. Janet Savard passed away at the age of 47 of brain cancer when Felix was 16 years old. This biography is written in her memory. God rest her soul.

QMJHL 

At this point you'd probably call this the climax of the story, which I'd say it is. After Felix's sophomore season he was drafted in the 2nd round by the Quebec Remparts. Felix was considered to be a work in progress despite what he had achieved at the high school level. Though he was considered an all around defenseman, he still lacked an area he excelled at. His coach believed this would stop him from becoming a professional hockey player. Thus Felix decided to focus on his studies, which would lead him to win the Scholastic Award for the Remparts in the 2014-15 season. The award is given to the player who excels both in the classroom and in the community. Felix regularly volunteered at local food banks and homeless shelters. At this time a new team was founded in the VHLM. The Las Vegas Aces. 

The Las Vegas Aces

The Aces are currently in their inaugural season, they are a team of the Victory Hockey League Minors. General Manager Robbie Zimmers scouted Felix Savard heavily ahead of the infamous Season 54 draft. A draft in which Vegas owned a majority of the picks. Savard was almost a lock to be drafted by the Aces. A head of the draft Zimmers had this to say about Savard "I've seen him play a few times, I like his skating and general awareness and ability to read plays. I'm not sure if the star upside is there but I see a player who will help us win hockey games, and that's what were about. Savard plays the game hard but we'd like to see him use his big frame more. His shot is probably his most attractive quality as it's the talk ahead of the draft this June. We'll definitely look at taking a defenseman in the first round whether that's Savard remains to be seen." 

Las Vegas would go on to select Felix Savard in the first round of the Season 54 VHLM draft. His father was in tears, Felix dedicated the day to his late mother. He currently wears the number 78 which is her birth year. Some pundits wondered why he wore 78 as a defenseman. Well hopefully that answers your question. Savard is still finishing up his rookie season and has put up respectable numbers thus far, boasting a point per game as a defenseman. Although he is playing for a fairly stacked Las Vegas team so it will be curious to see where he goes in the upcoming Season 55 VHL draft. A mid season mock draft had him going 1st overall, but some scouts aren't seeing the wow factor in his game. They suggest there may be players with higher potential who don't have the same pedigree he has. 

Future

Some may call me foolish for writing this biography before the player has even turned 18 but in this players case I believe it was warranted. Also it should be stated that Felix Savard is a player from my agency so I tried to stay as objective as possible. I believe there is many stories still to be told here. As one of the few french Canadian players in the VHLM. We believe he'll project as a top pairing defenseman at the VHL level. He reminds me a lot of my first client Adam Schultz, perhaps not with the same offensive upside. But only the future will tell. 

• 1 year later...

Review:

Wooaaaaah! So much Savards! Okay. This is a good Bio and the story is great. It's nice to see people not choose OHL as the previous league, like everytime. Have yet to see a WHL Boi like me or AHL. I personally do not like the colours. They're too bright and kinda irritate and annoy me. But yeah.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Felix Savard Biography [1/2]