Claimed: A Simple Wish

PT Woes

If I had one thing that I would want to happen right now in the VHL, it is something that I have wanted for a long time now. It would be one simple wish, and a wish that has not been granted for a long time. The VHL seems more active these days than it has been in the past, but as far as I am concerned, it is not. The one wish I have is in regards to a job that I have been doing on this website for over a year, maybe two, but I haven't counted. What I am talking about is grading activity....err...reviewing activity.

For what seems like months and months on end, there has been a revolving door of reviewers. I know, I know, there are some guys who are great, and you know who you are. I do not have to mention the ones who have been oh so consistent, and dependable for months on end, because I praise you guys all the time. What is just disappointing is the amount of users who apply for the job, and I give them the time of day to take it on, but they only last a week or two before going inactive with it.

I mean, I get it. This is a league for fun, and nobody should be dragged down by any task that they feel is a chore. But, in my opinion at least, the job is relatively easy. You have seven days to make a comment on a point task, and make sure it meets guidelines. You only have to do this a required four times within that week, which is at most, a 10 minute thing. I feel like if you're taking on a job, you should follow through with it. There are countless people on here that I have brought on board and never even did a single grade. There are ones that do it for a week and bail, even. The guys who do it for a month and stop I do not necessarily mind, since that's a good length I guess. People have lives.

------------------------

1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

------------------------

It is the people who have been depended on grading for months and months on end who are just amazing. Not needing to ask them to do it, they just do it because they took the job. Kudos to those guys.

Reviewing is a job that can be done by anybody, and is a great opportunity for a new member to get a jump start on those extra points that can push your player from great to elite. Hell, although I don't really recommend it, you can grade four weeks worth in one week, and bank the rest you cannot claim, enabling you to not even have to do the job for the next three weeks, but still having the TPE to claim. There was a time before I was the Head of PT Staff that I would be grading three or four weeks worth of TPE every week, and would never have room to even use the TPE, but I graded anyways because I wanted nothing to go by ungraded. I just do not have the time nor the patience these days to do the bulk of the job myself, especially with so many podcasts, media spots, graphics, biographies, and rookie profiles going around.

Anyways, I am not trying to put anyone down, or anything like that. I just had no idea what to do this week for a PT. Not a lot of motivation for a graphic, and another Boeser or Ironside PT is a little taxing. :lol: