World Cup Commie

Will

• Senior Admin

The S54 off-season happens to be a World Cup season, much to the delight of world cup simmer @Higgins who won't have to suffer through a break from his simming duties.

Of course we need a World Cup Commissioner to do all the work though and while this is rather early I wanted to get this up while its on my mind, I'll leave it open for a bit before deciding. The best thing is for General Managers and rosters to be finalized before the playoffs end so we can get right into simming in the off-season. 

World Cup Commissioner Duties:
-Create a spreadsheet with players available for each nation based on countries.
-Hire a general manager for each six World Cup nations.

-Promote World Cup around the board.
-Being in charge of the World Cup as a whole.

Pay will be 5 uncapped TPE + a free week so you won't have to do a point task for that week if you don't want, or you can save it. 

Apply here :) 

1 hour ago, Green said:

Supporting #AndersonS54

It's my 50th anniversary here. Think Anderson was in the S4 VHL Entry Draft. Hamilton Canucks first round seventh overall or something

On 2017-05-07 at 7:42 PM, Bushitroll said:

Yeah I'll put my name in for this job, I have time right now to start on the lists and stuff

You are hired for the WC commissioner. Work can begin whenever, the sooner the better, check the old WC sub forums or ask questions if you don't know what you need to do but it's most outlined in the job posting above.

Ahead of schedule and under budget!

If you have such a major problem with it, I suggest you apply for the job next time @eaglesfan036. If you don't even apply, please don't set up a peanut gallery after someone is hired.

Two people applied and one was chosen for the job and one was not. I would have liked more people to apply, I even advertised the job as a status update with no response.

Last world cup was very disorganized and was not set up until the off-season was 25% complete, making for a rushed and unpleasant WC experience for me as simmer and the players. I won't let that happen so wanted to get this completely set up to go when the playoffs end.

Just now, Higgins said:

If you have such a major problem with it, I suggest you apply for the job next time @eaglesfan036. If you don't even apply, please don't set up a peanut gallery after someone is hired.

Two people applied and one was chosen for the job and one was not. I would have liked more people to apply, I even advertised the job as a status update with no response.

Last world cup was very disorganized and was not set up until the off-season was 25% complete, making for a rushed and unpleasant WC experience for me as simmer and the players. I won't let that happen so wanted to get this completely set up to go when the playoffs end.

nah I was just trolling both candidates were worthy choices 

• Beketov locked and pinned this topic
  • Beketov unlocked this topic
  • Commissioner

Opening this back up for the S56 World Cup. If you're interested in running the tournament please comment below, even if your name appears above. Want to make sure that people applying have interest now rather than just last time.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Opening this back up for the S56 World Cup. If you're interested in running the tournament please comment below, even if your name appears above. Want to make sure that people applying have interest now rather than just last time.

If day 1 is kicking off Friday, still got to hire GM's, let them pick rosters, and give Mercenaries time. And then the back-end stuff on the side of the commissioner.

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

@Bring Back Chat Perhaps after all the shade the last time you're interested in stepping up to the plate and running a WC that even @Phil would be jealous of? :P

I haven't paid any attention to a world cup in seasons, they just hold no interest to me

But whoever you hire I will find something to accuse you of