America what the hell!

Beketov

9 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Inb4 Tri calls you a traitor.

Let him. I honestly care less now after what happend to me this past week. Life's fucked. Why care what people say in a online forum.

44 minutes ago, Da Trollfecta said:

Canada is non-existent tbh. If we are talking about an American thread, who cares about Canada then.

:superautism:

Edited by punkhippie

• Head Moderator

I found that amendment clause incredibly funny. Like rape and domestic abuse are pre-existing conditions along with cancer and diabetes is such a kick in the pants lol.

2 minutes ago, tfong said:

I found that amendment clause incredibly funny. Like rape and domestic abuse are pre-existing conditions along with cancer and diabetes is such a kick in the pants lol.

Are they actually calling rape and abuse pre-existing conditions. That's actually evil. Like legit evil.

• Head Moderator
9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Are they actually calling rape and abuse pre-existing conditions. That's actually evil. Like legit evil.

Yes under the MacArthur amendment.

• Head Moderator

I legit feel sorry for the majority of US citizens, the ones of the middle or lower class that actually need healthcare the most. They are totally getting screwed over by the people that can otherwise afford it anyways.

3 hours ago, BOOM said:

I apologize if this is fake news.

It's okay all news is actually fake since everyone stops delivering anything but a faction of the facts and takes everything out of enough context to just justify meaning. So really it's not like your going to get "real" news from anyone else. :P 

What I have learned in the past 6 months-12 months, do not argue with a Trump supporter. They rarely know what they are talking about and often times they will believe anything he says. It's one of the disadvantage of that countries education system and one of the reasons I got out when I did. It really isn't an intelligent country.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

What I have learned in the past 6 months-12 months, do not argue with a Trump supporter. They rarely know what they are talking about and often times they will believe anything he says. It's one of the disadvantage of that countries education system and one of the reasons I got out when I did. It really isn't an intelligent country.

Its also why US has been experiencing brain drain in the last decade. They used to be able to prop up their numbers of statistically "smarter" people by allowing immigration of smart students and people form other countries (just look at all the top business leaders in the states and see howmany of them are immigrants vs home grown). But within the last decade there has been more incentive for many of these "smart" people to stay at home like India or even China so the average value of their intelligence has been "lowered" from their artificial boost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 1:10 AM, Kendrick said:

On 5/6/2017 at 2:51 AM, tfong said:

Its also why US has been experiencing brain drain in the last decade. They used to be able to prop up their numbers of statistically "smarter" people by allowing immigration of smart students and people form other countries (just look at all the top business leaders in the states and see howmany of them are immigrants vs home grown). But within the last decade there has been more incentive for many of these "smart" people to stay at home like India or even China so the average value of their intelligence has been "lowered" from their artificial boost.

To be fair, plenty of us do just fine in our education system.  Part of the problem is that the most vocal people who "represent" the country in discussions, especially those online, are those people who didn't succeed under the system.  The other thing is that it's somewhat difficult to talk about the "American Education System" as an entity, since there's so much diversity in it as it changes not only from state to state, but also based on whether you're dealing with a private or public school.  

Try not to judge us all as morons due to a vocal minority...

• Head Moderator
48 minutes ago, Pandar said:

To be fair, plenty of us do just fine in our education system.  Part of the problem is that the most vocal people who "represent" the country in discussions, especially those online, are those people who didn't succeed under the system.  The other thing is that it's somewhat difficult to talk about the "American Education System" as an entity, since there's so much diversity in it as it changes not only from state to state, but also based on whether you're dealing with a private or public school.  

Try not to judge us all as morons due to a vocal minority...

Well I was referring to "average intelligence" so there are those smarter and dumber. I'm just saying it'll go down because in recent years and the current trend is that foreign born "smart" individuals have more reasons to stay home or not come to the US so the statistical data for the US "average intelligence" will drop solely due to the fact that its just regressing to its normal value if it can't stay propped up artificially with imported talent. Traditionally, US has been very strong in immigration of foreign talent with the H1B visa.

Though given the current education minister, I wouldn't be surprised if in subsequent years that homegrown educational data suffers as well though.

1 hour ago, tfong said:

Well I was referring to "average intelligence" so there are those smarter and dumber. I'm just saying it'll go down because in recent years and the current trend is that foreign born "smart" individuals have more reasons to stay home or not come to the US so the statistical data for the US "average intelligence" will drop solely due to the fact that its just regressing to its normal value if it can't stay propped up artificially with imported talent. Traditionally, US has been very strong in immigration of foreign talent with the H1B visa.

Though given the current education minister, I wouldn't be surprised if in subsequent years that homegrown educational data suffers as well though.

Fair enough.

And I can't believe that she actually got approved.  My only hope is that there's so much inertia that she can't actually institute any meaningful changes in the next 4 years.