Claimed: Rare sit down with Mister Jones

If you have not heard by now, we do not know what rock you have been hiding under, but Mister Jones of Jones Sports Inc, has made his return to the VHL. After going MIA at the drop of a needle nearly twenty seasons ago, the lengendary agent is back again. We recently were able to sit down with him for a quick few words in what is a rare interview. 

Mister Jones, we are genuinely pleased you are allowing us to sit down this evening, how are you? 

"I am doing quite well, thank you for asking." 

Now Mister, it's come as quite a surprise to some around these parts that you made a return recently, what brought you out of hiding after all these years? 

"Well, I've had a few conversations with Kendrick over the years about making a return, and it just didn't seem like my heart was in it. I had put in a ton of work for many, many years across multiple leagues with hundreds of players. I still felt as if I was, to put it blunt, burnt out." 

What changed to bring you back now, though? 

"I had been gone for, man, I think it's around seventeen, eighteen seasons now. @Kendrickcontacted me once more and I thought, you know, I think I am ready for a comeback." 

So you're gearing up for a comeback, which means you need a client, how did you go about finding, and signing Niko Bogdanavic? 

"I just did what I do best, and that's just search high and low for any prospects, I look on YouTube for potential highlight videos, I travel to many, many countries and watch games. It took me a while, but eventually I started hearing rumors about this kid in Serbia. The more days that passed, the more I kept hearing inklings about him. I decided I needed to travel to Belgrade and see for myself. I was not disappointed. Instantly you could tell this kid had potential. He is raw, but the flashes he shows, he is destined to be one of the greats. I wanted to help him work on channeling that talent and focus on the areas where he needed to to get him to the next step in his career. We had a long conversation and by the end of it, he decided to sign with us and come back to the states." 

From there, did you try to market him to any other leagues, or was the VHL the league you knew he needed to be in? 

"It was definitely the VHL that I had on my mind. I couldn't have told Kendrick I would make this comeback only to snub him by going elsewhere, plus I know Niko has what it takes to be a top caliber player in the top league in the world. No way were we going to go any where else." 

So, your last player you represented in the VHL was Tony Stark, some say you guys left each other on bad terms, some say it was mutual, how exactly did that go down, and has it played any role in how you, and Niko, are being treated after all these seasons? 

"I'll just come out and say this now, Tony and I are friends. We have been friends. We continue to be friends. In fact, we still talk from time to time. Back when all that went down, I started feeling burnt out like I had mentioned before. Tony and I spoke about that, and while I needed to get away, he wanted to continue playing, which was absolutely not a problem. He and I decided to void our contact together and I went my way, and he thought it best to stay agentless to finish out his career. There are no hard feelings between he and I. Now, when it comes to that situation, I know some will be hesitant to draft Niko when that opportunity comes, but they need to know we're both in this. We are committed. Niko will put in, at minimum, 4-6 practice hours a week, and there will be weeks where he goes above and beyond that, which he is already showing. Ottawa was already gracious enough to understand that, and Niko has been proving himself a valuable signing already. He will make a team very happy when draft day happens." 

But you know just as well as I do that some people out there in this league are just going to roll their eyes and not give you guys a second thought, does that bother you? 

"I would be lying if I said it did not, because In a way it does, but I think it's warranted. The track record says I may just decide I am burnt out one day and leave, but I want people to know that Niko and I are very dedicated to making his dream a reality. We will work on making him a top selection in his draft, and if nine teams decide to pass him by, the tenth one to take him is getting a gem. A chip will definitely be on our shoulders." 

Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen, direct from his mouth, Mister Jones and Niko Bogdanavic are truly committed to this. Thanks for your time tonight Mister Jones, it's been a pleasure. 

"The pleasure has been all mine." 

Edited by Jonessee27