Hard Pill to Take

Kendrick

Season 1:

Back in the first season of the Victory Hockey League we saw one of the weirdest scenarios that I have personally seen in a online simulation league. The first overall pick to ever hear his name announced in the Victory Hockey League was Robert Sharpe, a goaltender from the east coast of Canada. The Amstel Tigers (still one of the dumbest names in VHL history) decided to grab a goaltender first overall to build from the net outwards. Unfortunately the east coaster had a run in with steroids and was suspended for an entire season in the Victory Hockey League. At the time some saw it as a fitting punishment, but knowing how understanding we are in today's Victory Hockey League, it's safe to say it was a bit of a stiff penalty. See Sharpe wasn't bending the rules on purpose and it was simply an error on his part. At the time league commissioner Scotty Campbell wanted to flex his blue team muscle by slapping down a penalty. Robert Sharpe (@Beketov) got a strict lesson but one that isn't so deserving and with Scotty Campbell wanting to become a "big man", he did some damage. Credit to Beketov though as he stuck with this league and continued to build some very productive and HOF level players. Scotty Campbell left the league after people started to tune him out and figure out he just loved the power.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Amstel Tijgers wasn't it

No they misspelt that afterwards but Amstel was the dumb part. It's not even a real place, it's a river though.

• Commissioner

Honestly Scotty wasn't even the one pushing for t that hard. Brooks brought up the initial suspension which was more or less a slap on the wrist by comparison. Then everyone piled on for a 6 page witch hunt before I even saw it and by the time I was around to defend myself they had convinced Brooks to make it the full season. I honestly don't recall who was pushing the hardest but it definitely wasn't the blue team, they just followed the will of the mob. Though you are right that the mob was a lot more willing to throw me under the bus back then than people would be now.

Also, why exactly did you write this? I'm confused.

8 hours ago, Beketov said:

Honestly Scotty wasn't even the one pushing for t that hard. Brooks brought up the initial suspension which was more or less a slap on the wrist by comparison. Then everyone piled on for a 6 page witch hunt before I even saw it and by the time I was around to defend myself they had convinced Brooks to make it the full season. I honestly don't recall who was pushing the hardest but it definitely wasn't the blue team, they just followed the will of the mob. Though you are right that the mob was a lot more willing to throw me under the bus back then than people would be now.

Also, why exactly did you write this? I'm confused.

No one ever wrote the VHL 50 for 50 so I'm writing mini stories for each season!