Any Canadian(Or Buffalo) restaurants one MUST try when visiting?

TurnDaddy

I'll be crossing the border in three weeks to take a trip to Niagara Falls. While most of our time will be spent in that area, we are also looking into heading up towards Toronto for a day possibly. Are there any restaurants that are absolutely must try in these areas? Also, we will be making a small half day trip into Buffalo when we travel back home. Any recommendations for that area as well? 

Theres a poutine place I have read about called Smokes that we are definitely interested in trying. 

Thank in advance! 

poutine is a QC thingy, so the best one aren't in Ontario. If yo umake a trip to MTL, try ''la banquet'' which as the traditional mtl smoked meat and some great poutines as well

We have bagged milk too, so you can showoff to your homies with that as well 

7 minutes ago, boubabi said:

poutine is a QC thingy, so the best one aren't in Ontario. If yo umake a trip to MTL, try ''la banquet'' which as the traditional mtl smoked meat and some great poutines as well

Haha, we have bagged milk here too

Most people do Duff's or Anchor Bar because those are the famous spots but definitely ARE NOT the best wings. 

Great wing spots actually in the city:

Gabriel's Gate (probably your best bet)

Swannie House

Technically in Buffalo but is a bit of the drive from downtown

Nine-Eleven Tavern (My personal favorite spot and wings. Is only open Tuesday-Saturday 430-Midnight. Cash only)

Pizza: 

Romeo and Juliet's (Hertel)

Gino's Pizza (NYC Style)

La Nova

Other suggestions: https://www.buffalorising.com/2016/12/im-sexyslices-and-my-game-is-pizza/

Sandwiches:

JOE'S DELI !!!!!

Pubs:

Cole's

Allen Burger Venture

Colter Bay

Wellington Pub

Buffalo Proper

Breweries:

Thin Man

Big Ditch

Resurgence 

Italian:

Chefs

Most of the great italian places are in the suburbs around Buffalo. Not in the city, but Chef's is good.

Sushi:

Sea Bar

Thai:

Taste of Thai

Saigon Bangkok

@Jonessee27

I tried to keep them all in the city, there's a lot of great spots that are in suburbs around the city.

Edited by Kyle

21 hours ago, boubabi said:

Ashton's in Quebec is the best IMO

4 minutes ago, crutchfield said:

idk if they have them by buffalo or toronto but there's a place called tim hortons u might like it

I actually have had this before the last time I went, but that was like 15 years ago and I went the exact opposite direction I am going now. :lol:

If you're in Buffalo you should try to find Beef on Weck someplace. . .Charlie the Butcher is a classic but it might be a bit out of the way. Anchor Bar I believe has it, Duff's I'm not sure about. (716) is also an option, and could be fun if there's any big sports stuff happening while you're there.

20 hours ago, Pandar said:

Breakfast at the Flying Saucer in Niagara Falls is delicious. 

This keeps popping up in everything I keep reading, but I've heard the hours are getting really weird lately, but who knows. I love breakfast, so this will probably be on our list one day as well.(maybe even more if it's that good!) 

10 hours ago, Eggy216 said:

If you're in Buffalo you should try to find Beef on Weck someplace. . .Charlie the Butcher is a classic but it might be a bit out of the way. Anchor Bar I believe has it, Duff's I'm not sure about. (716) is also an option, and could be fun if there's any big sports stuff happening while you're there.

How could I have forgotten Charlie's ?!? How dumb of me, although it's not really in the city so I'll forgive himself. 

716 is a cool spot by the arena but the food is ehhhhh.

On 5/2/2017 at 8:45 PM, Kyle said:

How could I have forgotten Charlie's ?!? How dumb of me, although it's not really in the city so I'll forgive himself. 

716 is a cool spot by the arena but the food is ehhhhh.

Yeah food is definitely not the best, but I couldn't think of any places in the city proper that had beef on weck.