Claimed: Niko Doing Extra Work

TurnDaddy

It seems as if our new friend from

Serbia is starting to show up at the practice facilities more and more. If you can't believe it, neither can we! We caught up with the defenseman just ahead of one of his practice sessions. 

Niko, the first few weeks here you were just content with doing some minor practicing just for practice sake, but now you have been seen putting in some extra ice time, why the change of heart? 

"Hockey is in my blood, but back home in Serbia, doing just a minimal amount of practice time was really all we could afford. Someone else was always vying for the rink and sometimes it led to conflicts. Initially upon coming here I was scared really of what might happen if I over stayed my bounds on the ice. You're in a foreign world, you do not know these people, you do not know how they will react. So I took what was given to me and got out." 

But it now you can clearly see that that is not the case here, right? 

"Yes. They encourage you to max out your ice time. That's delightful. I started to become a great hockey player in my mind on limited ice time, now that I can potentially max out every week, the dream of being a professional hockey player, and one of the best, is in my mind." 

We wish you the best of luck with your ice time, Niko. Do you mind if we ask a few more questions? 

"No, not at all. Go ahead." 

Thank you, there are a lot of people wondering what it is like working with your agent, Mister Jones. He doesn't have the best track record when it comes to dealing with players in the VHL, as he has always been more focused on the players he represents across the football world.

"Well, being from Serbia I did not always pay attention to things going on back over here in the states and Canada. I have heard some things be said about him now that I have moved here, but honestly, he was the only one who showed any interest in me. I could still be playing junior hockey in Serbia. Instead, he has given me the chance to showcase myself and hopefully break through into the VHL where I can call myself a professional hockey player. I have read up on the career of his last player, Tony Stark, and he looks like he started off so strong, but hit a plateau, and become a journeyman. He was still servicable to whatever team he played for. I strive to be better than that, but it's not like I have anger towards Mister Jones for that, I don't. He is giving me this opportunity and he is working with me each and every day. I am truly grateful" 

Well Niko, it looks like you are really itching to get out on that ice, so we won't keep you any longer. Best of luck with your dream, and go Lynx! 

"Haha, yes, go Lynx indeed! Thank you very much." 

*im not sure how to add photos on mobile. There does not seem to be an option*