Claimed: NHL Playoffs Predictions Standings

Higgins

VHL NHL PO R1 PRD STND MS

AAPB7.gif

Ahh the glory days where #1 seed plays #8 and then re-seed each round... please bring it back Gerry Bettman.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and San Jose Sharks have been eliminated from the playoffs, which is truly devastating for me. I am a yuge hockey fan though so I continue to watch the playoffs, but I find myself not rooting for any teams yet. Although I am starting to lean towards cheering for the Nashville Predators to win the cup. The ultimate Montreal troll with PK Subban raising the cup. On the flip side I definitely do not want the Pittsburgh Penguins to win, they beat my boys Joe Thornton and Patty Marleau last year in the finals which pissed me off. I live in Nova Scotia the home of Sidney Crosby, who I think is the best player in the world, but it was extra annoying because all local media and people were cheering for Crosby and the Penguins to win. So I am cheering for a Washington - Nashville final as of right now, but really I don't have a yuge interest and just want some good OT hockey with hopefully some game 7's this round please.

There is TPE on the line here too. Now I find myself hoping for the teams I predicted in the VHL NHL Playoff Predictions threads to win so I can get more TPE and have my name enshrined in glory. This round I predicted Nashville and Anaheim to win the western conference and Washington and New York to win the eastern conference in a mix of 6 or 7 games each series. This seemed to be a pretty popular set of picks, which won't help me in the standings because I'm far behind the leader after round 1 so I may need to make underdog picks to regain any ground. Go big or go home. Ottawa in 4 anyone?

Half way through this media spot and all I have done is talk about the NHL playoffs, which I could probably talk about all day. So let's switch to the NBA playoffs. Last night the Toronto Raptors actually won a game 6, but not before almost blowing their 25 point lead, they ended up winning by 3 points so now they play LeBron James and Cleveland and Toronto will take the L like champs.

A few trends in the VHL NHL Playoff Predictions thread for round one to keep your interest in my NBA talk.

A total of 53 people submitted predictions for Round 1!

2 People (3.8%) picked Toronto over Washington

Washington won in 6.

@Phil & @STZ

2 People (3.8%) picked Nashville over Chicago

Nashville won in 4.

@Devise & @Jericho

4 People (7.5%) picked 6 of the 8 series winners

@Laflamme, @Corco, @Fowll & @Bushitroll

Okay back to the court, this is pretty outlandish, but I really think that the finals this season will be Golden State vs. Cleveland. Don't @ me.

Here's the overall standings. Remember there is still plenty of time to catch the #1 spot and move up the rankings because there is still 7 series to go! Lots of points!

89zji9PJ+9fL6P4deFNGlAoHhSKB4XiQaF4UJ7M1B2c1CpzXcmswAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Oh yeah, should also mention that the last 4-5 people that posted second round predictions were after the start of the first game deadline. VOID