Double header drafts tonight! S55 VHLM Draft at 9 EST and the S55 VHL Entry Draft at 9:30 EST.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STZ

Edition 327

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Still no trifecta?

 

Also take the listed salary and add 2 million to it, you then got your amount.

 

 

Last time I was looking to get it done, the salaries were not updated all yet, but dont worry, they will be done ;)

Edited by Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote that before Boom came out as HFD and made a joke of it. If a member wants to make an alias for whatever reasons and it's not a multi, I am fine with that. I was more upset over the fact that I didn't know HFD was Boom, while @Smarch somehow knew that ahead of time and drafted HFD and bragged about knowing it was Boom. Instead, when I sent my draft PM to new member HFD, I was pretty much told not to bother drafting him and that he was going to go inactive. My problem isn't really with Boom making an alias, more that it seemed like he purposely tanked his draft stock to be drafted by Davos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I wrote that before Boom came out as HFD and made a joke of it. If a member wants to make an alias for whatever reasons and it's not a multi, I am fine with that. I was more upset over the fact that I didn't know HFD was Boom, while @Smarch somehow knew that ahead of time and drafted HFD and bragged about knowing it was Boom. Instead, when I sent my draft PM to new member HFD, I was pretty much told not to bother drafting him and that he was going to go inactive. My problem isn't really with Boom making an alias, more that it seemed like he purposely tanked his draft stock to be drafted by Davos. 

I had the same information as you, only difference it when scouting draftees I went through the updates and noticed a lot of similarities between Boom and HFD. I never had knowledge other than my own assumptions. I never bragged about knowing it was Boom. You were shit talking my choice at 11th overall and I said to you "You know who that is right"? "It's not a first-gen". So again not bragging, just trying to get you to shut your mouth about a player I drafted. 

 

I also had the same information on his draft status that every other GM had. He said he didn't know what he was gonna do activity wise and I reached out to him after taking over, he said the same thing about being non-active that he did to you. I literally took him as BPA and at the time hoped that Reinholdt would drop to me in the 2nd Round cause I was sketcy on his activity. I lucked out amd that's all it is to it, you seem slightly butt hurt by his decision to have a preference. 

Edited by Smarch
Corco and STZ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I had the same information as you, only difference it when scouting draftees I went through the updates and noticed a lot of similarities between Boom and HFD. I never had knowledge other than my own assumptions. I never bragged about knowing it was Boom. You were shit talking my choice at 11th overall and I said to you "You know you that is right"? "It's not a first-gen". So again not bragging, just trying to get you to shut your mouth about a player I drafted. 

 

I also had the same information on his draft status that every other GM had. He said he didn't know what he was gonna do activity wise and I reached out to him after taking over and he said the same thing about being non-active that he did you. I literally took him as BPA and at the time hoped that Reinholdt would drop to me in the 2nd Round cause I was sketcy on his activity. I lucked out amd that's all it is to it and you seem slightly butt hurt by his decision to have a preference. 

trust the process amirite

Edited by Corco
Devise, Smarch and STZ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I wrote that before Boom came out as HFD and made a joke of it. If a member wants to make an alias for whatever reasons and it's not a multi, I am fine with that. I was more upset over the fact that I didn't know HFD was Boom, while @Smarch somehow knew that ahead of time and drafted HFD and bragged about knowing it was Boom. Instead, when I sent my draft PM to new member HFD, I was pretty much told not to bother drafting him and that he was going to go inactive. My problem isn't really with Boom making an alias, more that it seemed like he purposely tanked his draft stock to be drafted by Davos. 

 

I'm with @eaglesfan036 here.

 

I only messaged 6 draftees (Didn't message @Devise he can totally vouch for me!) and only 2 of those 6 were in the area of 7th overall. I got the feeling that HFD (BOOM) was interested in coming to Helsinki at 7th overall.

 

Then a couple days later I receive a message from HFD (BOOM) saying that, He appreciated my messages and help and that he was not going to retire his player, but that he wouldn't be coming to the site much anymore.

 

That appears to not be the case at all now. Helsinki had 7th overall and Calgary had 9th and 10th with Davos picks at 8th and 11th. Anyone could see where this starts to look a little strange, because he told both Helsinki and Calgary he was going inactive with Fujimoto. I think you can see why it would @Smarch

 

Ultimately I would not have drafted Fujimoto because I had Rudolph ranked higher based on his response to the draftee PM so it didn't affect me at all, but I totally get @eaglesfan036 point of view.

 

 

eaglesfan036 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I wrote that before Boom came out as HFD and made a joke of it. If a member wants to make an alias for whatever reasons and it's not a multi, I am fine with that. I was more upset over the fact that I didn't know HFD was Boom, while @Smarch somehow knew that ahead of time and drafted HFD and bragged about knowing it was Boom. Instead, when I sent my draft PM to new member HFD, I was pretty much told not to bother drafting him and that he was going to go inactive. My problem isn't really with Boom making an alias, more that it seemed like he purposely tanked his draft stock to be drafted by Davos. 

 

Yeah I still had it in my inbox and I hadn't used it yet. I kinda felt like it was a good time even if opinions had changed to highlight the difference between the two. I'm sure most know what it is, but it's still good we make known that in the wake of a lot of this surfacing we do still have rules against multi's, we do not against aliases. 

 

But I really don't think Boom was trying to tank his draft stock. Even to argue your point here Higgins, sure Boom may of just multiple messages out to multiple different GM's, his thoughts that he may retire went out to everyone. While it may not of been common league knowledge that he was in fact Boom by draft time, I feel like most had an inkling that he was someone else. I know for a fact that like a month before he even came out and revealed it was him I PM'd him asking if it was Boom. But the Pajodcast guys kinda all figured that out pretty similarly. But none the less the overall message coming out of HFD at draft time was "I don't know if I"m going to be super active, I'm inconsistent, I like the league but I don't know if I want to stick out serious with a player or be a super active." While that may drive his draft stock down, I don't think it negates that Davos still takes a risk with this pick. Boom has retired before. It's not like it's a blanket steal because Boom has history, or that had everyone known it was Boom he'd of gone higher. (Which negates the entire reason he decided to have an alias btw) It's only that everyone saw we had this obvious former member who still didn't know how active he was going to be and because of that he fell. The risk on the pick isn't negated because of him coming out, nor from his PM messages imo. He's still risky for Davos, regardless of the fact that he fell there. But he could also work out. It's a classic hockey gamble. I don't see an issue with it from any perspective, and it's a type of narrative that actually helps give drafts more intrigue. Something all in all this past draft didn't lack in any regard, for a litany of reasons that like this one have little to do with specific player builds or team fit and more to do with member narratives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Higgins said:

 

I'm with @eaglesfan036 here.

 

I only messaged 6 draftees (Didn't message @Devise he can totally vouch for me!) and only 2 of those 6 were in the area of 7th overall. I got the feeling that HFD (BOOM) was interested in coming to Helsinki at 7th overall.

 

Then a couple days later I receive a message from HFD (BOOM) saying that, He appreciated my messages and help and that he was not going to retire his player, but that he wouldn't be coming to the site much anymore.

 

That appears to not be the case at all now. Helsinki had 7th overall and Calgary had 9th and 10th with Davos picks at 8th and 11th. Anyone could see where this starts to look a little strange, because he told both Helsinki and Calgary he was going inactive with Fujimoto. I think you can see why it would @Smarch

 

Ultimately I would not have drafted Fujimoto because I had Rudolph ranked higher based on his response to the draftee PM so it didn't affect me at all, but I totally get @eaglesfan036 point of view.

 

 

Except as I stated earlier no I had the same message as you did that he wasn't gonna update and looking to retire. Which btw was sent to gms before I became one, so according to your logic he started this great scheme to come to Davos before I even messaged will to become GM

 

it literally makes no sense and is a member with hurt feelings trying to point fingers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smarch said:

Except as I stated earlier no I had the same message as you did that he wasn't gonna update and looking to retire. Which btw was sent to gms before I became one, so according to your logic he started this great scheme to come to Davos before I even messaged will to become GM

 

it literally makes no sense and is a member with hurt feelings trying to point fingers 

 

In my own option I think it looks strange and I gave a reason why I have that opinion. I'm not saying it's true or not true, but the circumstances now with @eaglesfan036 having the same thing happen to him, certainly makes me question it. There's really no way for me to 100% know one way or the other.

 

Like I said it didn't matter to me either way I was drafting Rudolph at 7th no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Higgins said:

 

In my own option I think it looks strange and I gave a reason why I have that opinion. I'm not saying it's true or not true, but the circumstances now with @eaglesfan036 having the same thing happen to him, certainly makes me question it. There's really no way for me to 100% know one way or the other.

 

Like I said it didn't matter to me either way I was drafting Rudolph at 7th no matter what.

This is just quite like the situation where you asked if i withheld TPE with Snatch to go 5th overall, i just find it funny that all it is is assumption once again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smarch said:

This is just quite like the situation where you asked if i withheld TPE with Snatch to go 5th overall, i just find it funny that all it is is assumption once again 

 

Just seemed strange. I never would have said anything if @eaglesfan036 didn't make a dang magazine article about it so blame him please.

 

Also that other thing has nothing to do with this so no comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should you guys not rename Robbie's section to "Aces Talk" because that's pretty much all it has been. Somewhat defeats the purpose

eaglesfan036, Will and Jericho like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Should you guys not rename Robbie's section to "Aces Talk" because that's pretty much all it has been. Somewhat defeats the purpose

 

@BobertZ There is your in your face article for next week. :P

Jericho likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the whole alias thing treaded on a fine line. I'm okay with people wanting a fresh start or whatever the reasons, I'm less okay with it being hidden from the admins as there is clearly a lot of potential questions that could come up like the ones here regarding the draft and those are things we would want to monitor if someones passing themselves off as a new member. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will said:

I think the whole alias thing treaded on a fine line. I'm okay with people wanting a fresh start or whatever the reasons, I'm less okay with it being hidden from the admins as there is clearly a lot of potential questions that could come up like the ones here regarding the draft and those are things we would want to monitor if someones passing themselves off as a new member. 

 

Says the guy in alias...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0