King Starts Strong

Kendrick

Markus King came into the season as second on the Cologne Express depth chart, but times have changed and they have changed quickly. King took the backseat for the first 3 games of the season but saw his first action in the Express' fourth contest. That is a contest in which he shutout the opponent and since then he has put up some respectable numbers. His 5-10-1 record doesn't really give you the indication that he has started off strong but when you look at his .924 save percentage and his below 3 goals a game GAA (2.88), than you see why King is flying high in the German city. 

"I'm just out here proving that 6 General Manager's took a pass on me and I'm going to let it bite them in the ass. I don't have to prove them that I can play, I have to prove to them they made a wrong choice. Hell, I was passed over and then I even was traded; so I'm really just out here to show that I am worthy of a lottery selection whether they thought so or not. Definitely going to have a chip on my shoulder my entire career", said King after posting his second shutout of the season.

The thing that makes this entire situation very compelling is that King almost fell out of the first round. Imagine that the top TPE earning player and biggest combine star could've been a second round draft pick? Then to add to it that player gets traded from a franchise that talked to him beforehand and asked him if they could build around him. It's rather interesting but King says he is happy proving them wrong and he'll eventually stick it to them.