Claimed: Confidence in motion

BluObieZ

Yeah... so, the Las Vegas Aces are 16-0 and look pretty much unstoppable even if the team that they are playing plays a downright defensive game which limits their shooting chances. The thing is, if you limit them to 20 shots they will still score 5 goals and the cycle of the wins will continue. To truly break the win streak and deflate the Vegas ego just slightly just even for a game you have to play a flawless game. Something that VHLM teams cannot do at the moment. I am not saying that they will never be able to because lets be 100% honest here, Vegas WILL NOT GO 72-0 it just won't happen. You know that and I know that, it's a fact of life in this league. No matter how good your team is, you will have that rare bad game where the other side will have chances and will capitalize on those chances. Not even mentioning that the players on these lesser teams will be getting better as the season rolls on, BUT! so will be the Vegas players that are already considerably better then the players on the rest of the teams. 

Where am I going with this? is it to gloat and laugh that my team has gone 16 games without a loss, without even breaking a sweat? (except maybe 2-3 games) no actually I am trying to see if maybe the attitude that GM Robbie Zimmers and some of his players have taken on. They go around thinking they are untouchable and they cannot be beat. There was a time early on in the season Robbie was not happy with even little aspects of his teams game. If he was not happy he would make changes, he would switch up lines, he would change strategies. But now it seems he has fallen into just watching his team collecting wins. He is not changing anything, so when teams like Ottawa and Oslo come in and basically play the trap they slow them down and limit their shots. If Robbie does not go back to not being okay with just perfection then Vegas will get it's first loss sooner rather than later. 

Confidence maybe in abundance in Vegas as we all know, they seem to be oozing it and then some, but if this keeps up the confidence and the bettering VHLM teams will bite them in their confident asses and they may lose out on some records if they don't watch out. As of right now they are have many records in their sights, but to achieve them all by the end of the season they must always be bettering themselves, their strategies and not taking their opponents lightly no matter how bad they are. Will they? that's up to them, but since it is Vegas I will make a bet here. Robbie will stay true to current cocky course till his teams first loss, then he will double back and try to be as picky as he was before they lost.