Claimed: Xavier Laflamme Rookie Profile

Laflamme

Xavier Laflamme Rookie Profile

MV5BMTk1NDg1MzgwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIy

Xavier Laflamme is currently in his rookie campaign with the Oslo Storm in the VHLM. Laflamme was signed as a free agent in the S54 VHLM seasonXavier was a relatively unknown player, declaring only a few days after the season started, but Oslo decided to take a shot on him do to a feeling. However, Laflamme’s inaugural season has started off a bit disappointing tosay the least.  Through the Storm’s first three games, Xavier has yet to record a hat-trick, and is slacking the hitting category. Xavier still has his hopes up though. “It has definitely been a soft start to the season, and certainly not the way I envisioned my career starting,” he said. “However, I feel like I am improving every day. Right now, there is nothing I can do to change how my play has started. That is in the past. The only thing I can do now is keep working hard to make sure that I can score more goals in a game.”

Strengths

j98QDM.gif

Laflamme does have some redeeming qualities about his game, even though he has not shown it yet. He has vastly improved in the skating department. Now, Laflamme can skate backwards and stop with his left foot, something it did not seem he could do a few weeks ago.

Xavier has also improved his ability to put the puck in the net, although it has not showed up in a game yet. “Xavier is getting much better around the net,” his coach said. “He has a natural talent to slam a loose puck into the back of the net. He is also starting to develop more of a wrist shot and slap shot, but those things take time to progress.”

Perhaps his biggest strength this early in his career, however, is his work ethic. Laflamme has rapidly improved since being signed, and seems to be getting exponentially better every day. “I feel like a completely new player since I have been in Oslo,” Xavier said. “I have already stretched my play to levels I did not know I could take it, and I plan to extend those boundaries every day.” Even though the results have not been shown on the stat sheet yet, Laflamme should see results soon if he continues to work hard.

Weaknesses

tumblr_mtnr5eRKlT1rk6xdvo1_400.gif

On the other hand, there are many aspects in the game that Xavier Laflamme struggles with. Perhaps the area he struggles in the most is defense. Xavier often gets caught “cherry-picking,” and leaves his teammates in odd-man rushes quite often. He does not give up his body to block a shot either, and some of his teammates have even called him out on that.

For a natural Left WingerLalfamme is also terrible at hitting. In the young season, Xavier has hit less than fifty percent of his opponents, and is towards the bottom of the team in Hits. For the team’s number one big guy, this is not the kind of percentages you like to see. There have even been rumors that Xavier might get layed out by a opponent cause he is to afraid to hit or be hit.

Laflamme also struggles with the authority aspects of the game. He is very full of himself, and sometimes flat out states he is the best. Being a Canadian player is not necessarily a horrible thing, but some teamwork would be nice out of him. This is perhaps the only portion of his game where he has not expressed interest in improving, so don’t expect that to change at a super fast pass of the start because it has gotten him where he is today. 

(639 words, 3 pics)

Edited by Escabar