King Bounced Around

Kendrick

Markus King was not at the draft floor when his name was called. Instead King had made the journey across the country to visit his grandma who was in hospital. However what a night it would end up being for King as apparently some goalie fell asleep and decided team need was their draft strategy and not BPA. The funny thing is that BPA isn't always the best way to go in the VHL Drafts, expect in this draft when the top prospect goes 9th overall, it turns out some people screwed up. Even to have that bargaining chip in a trade is huge. All the dust settled and King was drafted by the Wranglers who then broke his trust by trading him away to the Cologne Express. The good thing is that in three years King's contract does run up and he will get to choose a location (his right being free agency) but what a wild week it was.

I don't really feel too bad considering you were traded pretty soon after the draft, so it's almost like the Express drafted you. I'm sorry if you were unhappy with the way things played out. Honestly I was super shocked you even fell to 9th overall! Good luck in Cologne and wherever you end up :3

3 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I don't really feel too bad considering you were traded pretty soon after the draft, so it's almost like the Express drafted you. I'm sorry if you were unhappy with the way things played out. Honestly I was super shocked you even fell to 9th overall! Good luck in Cologne and wherever you end up :3

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I just figured after our Pre-Draft PM that you actually were interested in having me there long-term but feel now it was more so just words to say and not the truth. I mean I know what players I'm capable of making so anyone that felt they would pass just because they didn't need a Goalie will end up looking at it as a missed chance.