VHLM Free Agent Situation

Banackock

It's come to my attention that the right amount of planning was not done for retention as we ran into a slight bump in the road. However, have no fear - your friendly neighborhood green guys are here.

Retraction was a good thing for the league, whether or not I liked the teams they chose to sink down into the bayou. It creates more active, stable teams and could potentially prevent the roller-coaster seasons/spans which @JardyB10 so graciously ranted about. The VHLM is a big part of the league, whether you see it or not. It shouldn't be looked as a stepping stone for us vets, but almost the lifeline to the league when it comes to new members. It's their first game, first update, first goal and first teammates they meet. The VHLM pops their cherry for everything on here. 

If we have one big super team this season, it would be fun and great to watch. I love Vegas. I love what Robbie is doing there, but I do not agree that having a "free-for-all", even just for one season, is a good thing. Previous tenured commissioners and such took out two VHLM teams to prevent stuff like this.

Official ruling 2-1 + Robin Hood Effect

You are able to sign 1 INACTIVE free agent and 2 ACTIVE free agents. For this year and THIS YEAR ONLY, you are able to deal your FA rights to another team for a youth package of player(s) or pick(s) with the limitations that you can only acquire ONE other teams rights. 

To finalize this, each team will be able to sign a maximum of 1 inactive and 2 actives, unless they acquire singular rights to sign an ACTIVE free agent via trade. IF this happens, they may sign an additional active free agent and will officially cap out and no longer can sign active FA's or acquire them through trade.

Just now, Jericho said:

"If we have one big super team this season, it would be fun and great to watch."

I could literally not agree less.

Which is why we're not having one. It would be cool to see strong dominance, sure. Would likely be fun for all those players, sure (is what I meant).

But it's not happening, so quit bitching and go play with DT. 

Just now, Banackock said:

Which is why we're not having one. It would be cool to see strong dominance, sure. Would likely be fun for all those players, sure (is what I meant).

Do you have to take every comment form someone as a personal attack?

I have valid concerns for where the VHLM is heading, and your statement was a little poorly worded. I was concerned that you wanted to make this a regular thing and that that would be a shitty idea.

I think I voiced it in the nicest way I could think of. You can't freak out if someone has opposing viewpoints.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Given that this allows them to sign Ahma..isnt it kinda allowing for the big super team?

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Can't even go 1 day without mentioning me can you?

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Do you have to take every comment form someone as a personal attack?

I have valid concerns for where the VHLM is heading, and your statement was a little poorly worded. I was concerned that you wanted to make this a regular thing and that that would be a shitty idea.

I think I voiced it in the nicest way I could think of. You can't freak out if someone has opposing viewpoints.

No. In the ending it clearly states it's a one season thing only.

It's something Frank and I will need to discuss during the season for next year. I do feel as though the 1 and 1 can still work as active FA's are pretty damn rare.

No. In the ending it clearly states it's a one season thing only.

It's something Frank and I will need to discuss during the season for next year. I do feel as though the 1 and 1 can still work as active FA's are pretty damn rare.

Dude it wasn't really particularly well worded. Shit took a few reads to understand exactly what you meant.

Again though, if I was misrepresenting your point just clarify and move on. It isn't some personal attack on your family's honour. This is how a community functions in the real world. People sometimes just play devil's advocate and poke holes in a stance they agree with in order to make sure the results are exactly what they're aiming for.

If I see something that COULD potentially have negative consequences on the league it would be negligent of me not to say something. If I'm wrong that's great, but if I'm right I save the league from taking a step backwards. I'm not just talking about the VHL but in life in general. You need to be able to take constructive criticism better. You're going to find social or work situations very difficult down the line if you don't.

Just now, Jericho said:

Dude it wasn't really particularly well worded. Shit took a few reads to understand exactly what you meant.

Again though, if I was misrepresenting your point just clarify and move on. It isn't some personal attack on your family's honour. This is how a community functions in the real world. People sometimes just play devil's advocate and poke holes in a stance they agree with in order to make sure the results are exactly what they're aiming for.

If I see something that COULD potentially have negative consequences on the league it would be negligent of me not to say something. If I'm wrong that's great, but if I'm right I save the league from taking a step backwards. I'm not just talking about the VHL but in life in general. You need to be able to take constructive criticism better. You're going to find social or work situations very difficult down the line if you don't.

Yes, thanks.

(Social/Work situations you can listen for tone. Words you cannot).

Yes, thanks.

(Social/Work situations you can listen for tone. Words you cannot).

Just assume I'm arguing in good faith when it comes to league related things. I'm not here to make someone look good or bad, I just care about the impact on the league. I'm not going to shit on a good idea because I dislike the person who came up with it, or praise the person who comes up with a shit plan.

My interests are genuinely in favour of a better VHL. You can assume my motives are pure when I'm arguing in favour or against any change. I want to get this nailed down because the VHLM is undergoing rapid changes lately and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. It's likely we end up in discussions like this again, so I want to make sure you understand where I'm coming from in my arguments.

Just now, Jericho said:

Just assume I'm arguing in good faith when it comes to league related things. I'm not here to make someone look good or bad, I just care about the impact on the league. I'm not going to shit on a good idea because I dislike the person who came up with it, or praise the person who comes up with a shit plan.

My interests are genuinely in favour of a better VHL. You can assume my motives are pure when I'm arguing in favour or against any change. I want to get this nailed down because the VHLM is undergoing rapid changes lately and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. It's likely we end up in discussions like this again, so I want to make sure you understand where I'm coming from in my arguments.

Absolutely. My bad! Apologies. We made a top 10 list for "pests" so I always taken tone from those people in the tones they generally give off, lol. 

Absolutely. My bad! Apologies. We made a top 10 list for "pests" so I always taken tone from those people in the tones they generally give off, lol. 

Ok cool. I was just concerned we'd impede progress over the rest of the season because I feel like we're at a crossroads for the VHLM in particular.

BTW I mostly make that list because I was edgy as fuck back in the day. I'm more on there now as an homage to my former self, nowadays it's mostly just shit posting and memes with shallow digs at Helsinki for funsies. But when I'm talking about league improvement I'm very much all business.

Just now, Jericho said:

Ok cool. I was just concerned we'd impede progress over the rest of the season because I feel like we're at a crossroads for the VHLM in particular.

BTW I mostly make that list because I was edgy as fuck back in the day. I'm more on there now as an homage to my former self, nowadays it's mostly just shit posting and memes with shallow digs at Helsinki for funsies. But when I'm talking about league improvement I'm very much all business.

Yeah. For RETRACTION, I don't think a huge amount of thought was put into it other than "hey, this will help the league". I'm sure they looked at possible outcomes, but maybe not all of them. A huge deal was made about Robbie relocating a team (which imo, was a good move) and they wanted to hold off until next season (Frank and I pushed it), but retention was made so quickly (and poor Bratislava). 

I think @Frank and I are always open to suggestions. IMO, the VHLM is important and vital to the league. We can't get rid of the VHL and have 80 TPE rookies playing against 700 tpe players. Everyone (new and vet) needs somewhere to start and grow. I want to make the VHLM as good as the VHL, or close to it. We should all care about it - enjoy our time etc. I get it's not as huge, but we shouldn't blow it off and focus simply on VHL.

If you ever have suggestions (or anyone else), let us know. As for this situation, we'll touch up on it, but inactive FA signings I can promise you will stay at 1. As for active, even with the teams decreasing from 7 to 5, I'd say it'll remain the same moving forward.

13 hours ago, punkhippie said:

@Banackock Aside from the dissolvement of Brampton this year FAs are generally pretty rare. Like @Street x Lite mentioned in his podcast inactive FAs should not be the dream draft pick of a GM. therefore why are we even distinguishing between active and inactive free agents and have a separate cap?

Why are you asking? Has it not been done this way forever? Frank and I didnt bring it in. 

An active FA helps and earns TPE. An inactive is usually 50-100 tpe. Im sure it's something Frank and I will look at with the retraction.

In my opinion, it's saying 1 active, 1 inactive or 1 inactive and all actives will be place into the draft for future seasons.

5 hours ago, Banackock said:

Why are you asking? Has it not been done this way forever? Frank and I didnt bring it in. 

An active FA helps and earns TPE. An inactive is usually 50-100 tpe. Im sure it's something Frank and I will look at with the retraction.

In my opinion, it's saying 1 active, 1 inactive or 1 inactive and all actives will be place into the draft for future seasons.

Think active recreates shouldn't be a free agent $5M cap to whoever with players choice. Should be like old days waiver claim system highest priority in 24 hours gets the player and auto bump to lowest priority.

5 hours ago, Banackock said:

This is the only season you will see an active UFA in the VHLM likely during your tender so a rule was just made to appease the most stacked team in VHLM history to get them another player they didn't need.

2 hours ago, punkhippie said:

Think active recreates shouldn't be a free agent $5M cap to whoever with players choice. Should be like old days waiver claim system highest priority in 24 hours gets the player and auto bump to lowest priority.

Yep. didn't put the rule into place to begin with.  I literally was hired right during retraction, remember? 

Frank and I will look at this all during this season. Thanks for your suggestions.