[1/2] Bo Boeser RP

Brock_Boeser_new_medium.jpg

Bo Boeser

#: 63

Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, USA

Weight: 6'3"

Weight: 215lbs

Bo Boeser is a player coming out the college hockey leagues in the NCAA. He has declared the want to play at the next level in the Victory Hockey League, making the decision to play there rather than the NHL. Bo brings a lot of scoring prowess right out of college, and should be a sure bet to provide offense in the VHLM, the VHL's development league. Any team that picks Boeser in the VHLM Dispersal Draft should be happy with him, although his strong connections to the VHL's Toronto Legion team make him a sure bet to play there, so no VHL team should hope to land him.

Da Pros

Sniper:

Bo's shot is said to already be at the NHL level by scouts, never mind the VHL. Those who have sat at NCAA games where Boeser plays have compared his wrist shot to NHL players like Alex Ovechkin or Patrick Laine, or VHL players like Max Molholt or Thomas O'Malley. Bo knows how to get open on the ice and find a clear shot at the net, so opponents need to be sure to cover him or he will more likely than not rifle it home.

Skating:

Bo Boeser is known to have one of the fastest strides in the NCAA, with comparisons to the NHL's Connor McJesus or Dylan Larkin. With little development, he should be sure to have a knack for breaking to the net, or catching a breakaway. Defenders should worry about letting a puck loose at the blue line, because Bo Boeser will be across it and up center ice towards their net in no time. Not only that, but his leg strength while skating in stride is compared to Sidney Crosby at that level. With some work beside some VHL trainers and coaches, he will surely develop into that kind of a player in this league.

Face Offs:

Another area that Bo Boeser has prowess in is in the faceoff dot. He can compete in the circle with ease a la Patrice Bergeron or Jonathan Toews. One might even compare him to Bo Horvat's early NHL faceoff skill at that level. At the drop of the puck, Boeser will have it behind his stick blade towards the point man, or using his body to let one of his forwards skate in and steal it to win the draw. Be sure to watch how his NCAA faceoff skill translates directly to the VHLM, and VHL afterwards.

-----------------------------------------

Da Cons

Defense:

At least how things are right now, Bo's defensive mind isn't all developed. Boeser is not always known to be in the right position defensively on the ice, at least not without the puck. Do not look for Bo to kill penalties right away. He is not keen on laying down to block shots or getting his stick in the shooting lane to tip pucks. This is definitely an area that he needs to work on.

Checking:

For the moment, Bo Boeser's not a complete tough guy. Being more of a offensive-minded player, Bo Boeser is not looking to make any hits, or knock players off of the puck. Until Bo has been trained to be better defensively at the VHLM level, he won't be looking to make any big hits in the VHL either. Although, look for this area to improve in the future.

Passing:

Bo is known to be a sniper, and he always wants the puck on his stick. At the NCAA level, he mostly tries to keep the puck to himself, which is a deal breaker for a lot of coaches. Boeser does not like to pass the puck, being considered a bit of a puck hog. Obviously, he will need to learn to share the puck more coming into a big league as a selfish American. This will likely change in the future.

Very easy on the eyes @DollarAndADream with the brief paragraphs spaced out. Points are well thought out and it shows that you put effort into it. Like I told Advantage, you're a veteran here so I don't expect you to get insulted by, offended by, or scared of my critiques; I only point them out so you can improve.

#: 63 --> Number: 63

Weight: 6'3" --> Height: 6'3"

Bo Boeser is a player coming out the college hockey leagues --> Bo Boeser is a player coming out of the college hockey leagues

He has declared the want to play --> the want? he wants to play? He has declared his desire to play?

Any team that picks Boeser in the VHLM Dispersal Draft should be happy with him, although his strong connections to the VHL's Toronto Legion team make him a sure bet to play there, so no VHL team should hope to land him. --> run-on sentence

Sniper: --> only heading underlined, inconsistent formatting (not sure what you do as a job/career, but this is the type of the thing that will hurt your chances of moving up)

Sniper: --> it is also inconsistent in the fact all the other strengths/weaknesses are skills, but this is a role; maybe change it to shooting

Being more of a offensive-minded player --> Being more of an offensive-minded player

Although, look for this area to improve in the future. --> fragment

I look forward to doing battle with Boeser this season and coming out on top. Good luck in Toronto and in the VHL next season and go shatter some goal scoring records Zach Parechkin style. :cheers: 

@punkhippie

I guess that's what I get for powering through writing that after a long Saturday. <_<

Some of those mistakes are pretty glaring and I can't even explain making them other than me just trying to rip through an RP before I pass out. Ah, well.

Yeah, I almost changed Sniper to Shooting but then I liked writing Sniper because I've graded so many RP's that say Shooting. :P

Me only underling the Sniper headline must have been an accident. Maybe I accidentally highlighted it when I put the underline on "Da Pros".

Fantastic grading, buddy. I used to grade the same way, pointing out lots of mistakes, but after it switched to simple reviews I kind of toned it down. ;)

4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

@punkhippie

I guess that's what I get for powering through writing that after a long Saturday. <_<

Some of those mistakes are pretty glaring and I can't even explain making them other than me just trying to rip through an RP before I pass out. Ah, well.

Yeah, I almost changed Sniper to Shooting but then I liked writing Sniper because I've graded so many RP's that say Shooting. :P

Me only underling the Sniper headline must have been an accident. Maybe I accidentally highlighted it when I put the underline on "Da Pros".

Fantastic grading, buddy. I used to grade the same way, pointing out lots of mistakes, but after it switched to simple reviews I kind of toned it down. ;)

Yes everyone has life and I understand. It's not like we can do much to get people to write better quality anyways even if it was horrendous now that the TPE is handed on a silver platter without grading required...

10 hours ago, punkhippie said:

Yes everyone has life and I understand. It's not like we can do much to get people to write better quality anyways even if it was horrendous now that the TPE is handed on a silver platter without grading required...

2nd, 3rd and 4th this

• Gudnason changed the title to [1/2] Bo Boeser RP
39 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Yeah, some of the stuff that people write and post now would be at most 5 TPE if it was graded and possibly worse.

Enter the "back in my day" preface lol