Update Scale + TPE Re-Rolls

Will

• Senior Admin

New Update Scale Now in Effect

Hello all,

I've been busy last night/today getting everyone depreciated and moved over to the new update scale and I'm happy to report that the rest of the off-season will be spent gaining TPE instead of losing it. Just to be clear, every active players attributes were converted to conform with the new update scale according to how much TPE you had applied to each attribute (including any decimals you had on attributes). Keep in mind there's no change until 85+, so many of you are largely unaffected. 

I processed any updates that added to attributes 85+, so all new updates posted should now follow the new scale:

40 -> 70 ---- 1 TPE per point*

70 -> 80 ---- 2 TPE per point

80 -> 85 ---- 3 TPE per point

85 -> 90 ---- 4 TPE per point

90 -> 95 ---- 5 TPE per point

95 -> 99 ---- 6 TPE per point

*Note for goalies: 35 -> 70 --- 1 per point

TPE Re-Rolls

As promised in the original announcement, we're giving everyone the opportunity to completely re-roll their TPE in light of these update scale changes. A TPE re-roll means that you can totally re-distribute your TPE in any way that you want. The re-rolls must be done prior to the start of S54. 

The instructions for this are slightly different depending on how old you are so please read carefully:

If you are an S47, S48, or S49 player.......

You have been depreciated at least once before, therefore the TPE total listed on your player page is not accurate. To get your actual number you need to do two things:

1. Find your name on this list (goalies at the bottom) and your corresponding TPA (Total Points Applied). This number represents the actual amount of TPE you have applied to your attributes post-depreciation. 

2. Add any banked TPE you have to that number. 

That total is the amount of TPE you can re-distribute with your re-roll. You can claim your re-roll by posting the following template in your update thread:

Spoiler

Player Attributes

TPA:

+ Banked:
= Points to distribute: 

CK = Checking: 40
FG = Fighting: 40
DI = Discipline: 40
SK = Skating: 40
ST = Strength: 40
PH = Puck Handling: 40
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 40
SC = Scoring: 40
DF = Defense: 40
PS = Penalty Shot: 40
EX = Experience: 40
LD = Leadership: 40

* Indicate how much TPE you apply to each attribute and if you bank any TPE for later

** Reminder that Goalie attributes start at 35

*** Experience cannot be changed 

If you are from any other season.......

You can simply use the TPE number on your player page. Note that any banked TPE you have IS included in the total number on your player page.

Post the following template in your update thread to claim your re-roll:

Spoiler

Player Attributes

Total Points Earned

CK = Checking: 40
FG = Fighting: 40
DI = Discipline: 40
SK = Skating: 40
ST = Strength: 40
PH = Puck Handling: 40
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 40
SC = Scoring: 40
DF = Defense: 40
PS = Penalty Shot: 40
EX = Experience: 40
LD = Leadership: 40

* Indicate how much TPE you apply to each attribute and if you bank any TPE

** Reminder that Goalies attributes start at 35

*** Experience cannot be changed 

:cheers::vhl:

• Senior Admin
7 minutes ago, Salt said:

#TPAIsStillAThreat

Also, great work with this @Will, much appreciated!

Thanks! TPA is very enlightening, for example doing this I discovered that Jacob has been down 28 TPE all season :lol: 

• Commissioner

So if we don't care about the re-roll can we just ignore all the TPA stuff? Just curious. I haven't decided yet but I just want to be sure I understand how everything is working.

Edited by Beketov

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Beketov said:

So if we don't care about the re-roll can we just ignore all the TPA stuff? Just curious. I haven't decided yet but I just want to be sure I understand how everything is working.

Yes, if you aren't going to re-roll your player page is good to go as is and you can just carry on updating

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Thanks! TPA is very enlightening, for example doing this I discovered that Jacob has been down 28 TPE all season :lol: 

Looking at the shit-show that is his update thread, I'm not surprised!

• Commissioner
Just now, Will said:

Yes, if you aren't going to re-roll your player page is good to go as is and you can just carry on updating

Perfect. I haven't decided for sure yet so I'll have to play around with it but just wanted to be sure. There isn't really a lot of build variation with goalies anyway.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Went you go from Labatte contender to a god damn joke in one day.

:(

I look forward to the new lower attribute VHL.

Is this affecting skaters way harder or am I just not freaking out as much as I should be?

Dont get me wrong, it hurts, and it's gonna make next season a lot harder, but I hardly think it completely ruins me this year.

• Senior Admin
24 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Perfect. I haven't decided for sure yet so I'll have to play around with it but just wanted to be sure. There isn't really a lot of build variation with goalies anyway.

No big rush on deciding, just has to be prior to the start of S54 (and I've added that to OP as well). Unless your @Kendrick who I know is on/going on vacation so he might not be able to before then, if he plans on doing it. 

I'd like to avoid having everyone who gets sewered by STHS next season come at me with this link :lol:

25 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Pump that TPE into leadership

1 hour ago, Higgins said:

My attributes are still going to be where I was planning to start banking. No later than a week into the season.

But I haven't depreciated yet so I do fear for my future. I think this definitely hurts veterans most of all. Actually, down the line I think just in general, the older the player the more this hurts.

On 4/1/2017 at 5:32 PM, Higgins said:

good riddance :cig: