STO/SEA ; S53 Off-Season

Advantage

20 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I don't see the rule. I offered to wait until trade deadline tbh to recreate

I recreated from a goalie to Wolf to help Seattle. Now, due to a rebuild, I have to retire my player early AGAIN to help the team.. I'd like a shot at the cup ad one extra season. Not having to retire my player every time I hit a rebuild..

Wolf's retired the moment he's traded. I will recreate (as directed by Draper) after the draft :P 

Wait so you honestly feel like you should allow Wolf the chance to play this season and next?

Just now, Frank said:

That's not what he's saying. 

"I'd like one more shot at the cup and an extra season". That sounded a lot like he wants a cup and an extra season instead of wanting a cup in his final season. The wording is somewhat poor.

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Wait so you honestly feel like you should allow Wolf the chance to play this season and next?

What Frank said.

This upcoming season SHOULDand wil be Wol's last.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

"I'd like one more shot at the cup and an extra season". That sounded a lot like he wants a cup and an extra season instead of wanting a cup in his final season. The wording is somewhat poor.

Doesn't sound like he thinks he's entitled to anything I think you're reading too much into nothing tbh. Also in the last sentence he clarifies what's going to happen so why even bring it up? 

Just now, Frank said:

Doesn't sound like he thinks he's entitled to anything I think you reading too much into nothing tbh. Also in the last sentence he clarifies what's going to happen so why even bring it up? 

I wasn't reading into it too much at all, I was merely asking if thats what he was saying. It sounded like he wanted an extra season past this season, that's all. Geesh

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

It was worded poorly.

So Frank got it but not you? lol You took it out of context, mate.

I said... I want a shot at the cup and an extra year.. meaning, I dont want to have to fully retire just because my teams rebuilding in order to recreate. A GM would never be able to have a 8 year career with their GM player then.. we'd always be moving our 2nd players to our own teams to compete for our own organizations..

I should be able to play out the following season (my "Extra year") and recreate my GM player. Draper has allowed me to do such so I dont see why you're bothering to stir anything up here? 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

So Frank got it but not you? lol You took it out of context, mate.

I said... I want a shot at the cup and an extra year.. meaning, I dont want to have to fully retire just because my teams rebuilding in order to recreate. A GM would never be able to have a 8 year career with their GM player then.. we'd always be moving our 2nd players to our own teams to compete for our own organizations..

I should be able to play out the following season (my "Extra year") and recreate my GM player. Draper has allowed me to do such so I dont see why you're bothering to stir anything up here? 

Wait so just because one guy read it differently you'll be an ass? All I was doing was asking if thats what you meant. It was a question, but jump all over me why don't you.

Heck if you want to do that, go read my other comment where I said your player should play this year, but you should recreate now considering Wolf is retired. I'm not striving anything up but if you believe that you are taking things out of context...mate.

3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

kendrick go to bed you get grumpy when it gets too late

Not grumpy at all, but if someone takes my comments out of context and then tells me I'm reading his wrong; I mean there's really only so much you can say before you figure out he is just being an ass. Oh well

• Senior Admin

I have no idea what most of you guys are talking about in this thread. As announced HERE, keeping as close to the old GM rules as possible with 2 players means GMs can be exempt from the 3 season separation rule so that they can retire and recreate whenever their franchise needs them to. To me, this is an acceptable trade-off for being forced to do shitty things like this (retiring a good player early). 

Obviously as in the thread I linked on page 1 any traded GM player has to be retired. Does this mean someone will technically have 3 players in the system for a period of time? Yes, but its not different than before two players when retiring GMs would have 2 players in the system for a period of time. Retired GM player can't be updated or anything like that though so as long as he's retired and there's a replacement in the system this should be fine. 

10 hours ago, gregreg said:

Who knew GMs didn't have to wait? New rules/made up rules come in all the time. Hard to keep up. 

I mean, you commented on the announcement and in fact there was a direct reference to you in the announcement.So I don't know what to tell you. :P 

• Senior Admin

If anything, one could argue they jumped the gun on this as the pre-season retirement period where you can retire and still play S54 wouldn't happen until Monday. But all that means is Bana needs to wait until Monday to recreate so that he doesn't earn TPE for this point task week. 

• Commissioner
39 minutes ago, STZ said:

First time I've ever been on @Green's team..

?????????

Well we can't have that, Stockholm will just have to dump you for me :P

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, STZ said:

Theyd probably prefer the goalie with higher attributes tbh ;)

#depreciationdepression

Gotta love those banked points. At most I'll lose like 10 TPE worth.