Depreciation Note

Will

• Senior Admin

As announced HERE, the new update scale will be coming into effect this off-season. For the sake of simplicity it's better if we do depreciation before we do the conversion to the new scale so as a result depreciation will be quite early this season (sometime in the next few days). So I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that was coming. If your a S47, 48, or 49 player you should ideally make any depreciation purchase you plan on making as soon as possible but those that miss this can still purchase them. 

Once the VHLM is updated we aren't going to process any more updates until after the conversion, which will begin following depreciation. After everyone is converted initially we will open up the free TPE re-rolls as promised and there will be a separate thread for that. 

:vhl: 

• Commissioner

Well this kinda screws me. I was saving for the "Old but not forgotten" but needed my contract money from this season to get the last 1.25 mill to get there. Since I'm a FA and don't have a contract yet I can't go into my money from next season to get it which means I can either buy the Jagr (which I don't like as much) or get fucked in the ass by depreciation. That 1% equals out to a difference of 68 TPE. Even if I buy the Jagr and protect 1 with the new scale it's still a 39 TPE difference.

Might I formally petition for what is effectively a loan under these circumstances? I'll count whatever the minimum I can take next season is (4.5 I believe) and add it onto whatever I already have saved. If I get paid more than that then so be it, I'll add the remainder in next season, but I obviously can't be paid less. It doesn't exactly seem fair that I get doubled fucked by the update changes purely because I'm a FA.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Well this kinda screws me. I was saving for the "Old but not forgotten" but needed my contract money from this season to get the last 1.25 mill to get there. Since I'm a FA and don't have a contract yet I can't go into my money from next season to get it which means I can either buy the Jagr (which I don't like as much) or get fucked in the ass by depreciation. That 1% equals out to a difference of 68 TPE. Even if I buy the Jagr and protect 1 with the new scale it's still a 39 TPE difference.

Might I formally petition for what is effectively a loan under these circumstances? I'll count whatever the minimum I can take next season is (4.5 I believe) and add it onto whatever I already have saved. If I get paid more than that then so be it, I'll add the remainder in next season, but I obviously can't be paid less. It doesn't exactly seem fair that I get doubled fucked by the update changes purely because I'm a FA.

It's okay I banked my TPE thinking I had one more update before the new update scale but it looks like they announced a previously announced freeze of TPE sooner than expected. So now I have 30 banked TPE that means less than a day ago

Edited by Smarch

• Senior Admin
51 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I said "people that miss this announcement can still purchase them" I meant you can still buy them after depreciation happens like every other year. if its within your minimum salary just purchase it now and note to green its next seasons money. 

• Commissioner
26 minutes ago, Will said:

I said "people that miss this announcement can still purchase them" I meant you can still buy them after depreciation happens like every other year. if its within your minimum salary just purchase it now and note to green its next seasons money. 

Didn't catch that part, though I'll probably just do the latter so you don't need to depreciate me twice. I only need 1.25 and my minimum is 4.5 so I can't NOT have enough.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Didn't catch that part, though I'll probably just do the latter so you don't need to depreciate me twice. I only need 1.25 and my minimum is 4.5 so I can't NOT have enough.

Maybe no one wants to sign you :P

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Maybe no one wants to sign you :P

If somehow that happens I'll likely be retiring anyway (why waste an entire year doing nothing but getting depreciated) so whatever my attributes are at is a moot point anyway.