VHL Big Brother

VHL Big Brother - S1  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I've got to thinking on something that could add some activity and community "bonding" throughout the league. VHL Big Brother! 

Each week, It would allow me to cover my 2 media spots and likely VHL.com articles. On Monday, I would announce the HOH competition. For starters, it would likely be pretty simple. Guessing a number between 1 and 1000 and closest to it gains HOH for the week etc. We'd have to brainstorm ideas! On Wednesday, we'd announce the HOH and require them to PM us or post in the "VHL Big Brother" thread their two nominations for the week. Once they post, the POV competition would be announced either that day or the following which would follow similar route as the HOH compeition. Thus, we'd give them a day or two to complete (depending) and then then POV winner would be announced. They would then either decide to use it, or to not. Then, we'd head to nominations where everyone other than the 2 nominees and HOH would vote on the 2 players nominated.

HOH - Head of Household - Need to win the HOH competition to be it. This player is safe for the week and is the one responsible for putting of two people of their choice for nomination. Can only win it one week in a row. The following week after winning, they sit out of the competition but are able to be nominated. 

POV - Power of Veto - Similar competition to HOH, but rather than placing people up for nomination, they have the choice of using the POV on one of the two nominated or not using it at all. If they choose to use the POV, the HOH would need to name a replacement nominee and the one who had it used on them is now safe for the week.

Schedule

Monday - HOH competition announced. 

Tuesday or Wednesday - HOH winner announced and nominations (x2) are made.

Wednesday or Thursday - POV competition 

Thursday or Friday - POV winner announced and POV ceremony

Friday or Saturday - EVERYONE but the 2 nominees and HOH vote on the 2 nominated. ONE house guest is eliminated.

Competition would likely run the duration of the season (or try to). Likely 10-12 weeks depending on the amount of players we allow in.

Now, my request is this:

1st Place: 10 TPE

2nd place: 6 TPE

3rd: 3 TPE

4th: 1 TPE

5th to 12th - 1M in store cash.

I'm thinking 12 players. 

Week 1 12 players (1 eliminated) 

Week 2 11 players (1 eliminated) 

Week 3 10 players (1 eliminated) 

Week 4 9 players (1 eliminated) 

Week 5 8 players (1 eliminated) 

Week 6 7 players (1 eliminated

Week 7 5 players (2 eliminated) - 3 nominees

Week 8 3 players (2 eliminated)  - 3 nominees

Week 9: Either two nominated, one evicted OR the VHL votes on the final 3 to win based on the game play they seen, or those evicted vote for a winner. 

3 hours ago, Banackock said:

1st Place: 10 TPE

2nd place: 6 TPE

3rd: 3 TPE

4th: 1 TPE

5th to 12th - 1M in store cash.

This is where you lose me. It could be something fun for some people, and give you something to write about, but I don't think it's something that should have a TPE award. And certainly not at the levels which you've suggested.

18 minutes ago, ThePenultimateOlympian06 said:

This is where you lose me. It could be something fun for some people, and give you something to write about, but I don't think it's something that should have a TPE award. And certainly not at the levels which you've suggested.

Maybe lower amounts, but how not? How active are the boards, really? Sure, not bad in specific areas, but it's the same old members. Why not find ways to:

1. Earn different types of TPE. Right now we got Media Spots and graphics. So much fun!

2. Bring activity to different areas of the board. Bring different people together and et people involved and "bonding" 

5 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Maybe lower amounts, but how not? How active are the boards, really? Sure, not bad in specific areas, but it's the same old members. Why not find ways to:

1. Earn different types of TPE. Right now we got Media Spots and graphics. So much fun!

2. Bring activity to different areas of the board. Bring different people together and et people involved and "bonding" 

I think the people who would be more likely to get enjoyment out of it would still enjoy it without the TPE incentive

43 minutes ago, ThePenultimateOlympian06 said:

I think the people who would be more likely to get enjoyment out of it would still enjoy it without the TPE incentive

Just looking for alternative ways to earn TPE which could possibly help with retention. Some people dislike writing and cant do graphics.

The more ways we have, possibly the better retention we receive

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Just looking for alternative ways to earn TPE which could possibly help with retention. Some people dislike writing and cant do graphics.

The more ways we have, possibly the better retention we receive

Or the rich get richer, further turning people away

Just now, ThePenultimateOlympian06 said:

All depends on who gets picked/wants to play. If there's 2 seasons (for example), hopefully 90% or 100% of the members who would completely different than the season prior.Also, who knows who would in tbh

1 minute ago, ThePenultimateOlympian06 said:

Either way, it's a different alternative which in my opinion, wouldn't sky jack the retention rates but having other ways to earn TPE definitely will help with retention in my opinion. If a member doesn't like writing, nor can they do graphics, they leave the site. fuck that, I'm not writing 600-1,200 words every week is what some likely say. Well, I can't do graphics so guess I can't really make a good player.

Different alternatives will make it better for veteran members. DUR. Thanks for pointing out the opposite, but we're no different than new members. As it benefits them, it would obviously also benefit us (and that's not a bad thing).

In my eyes, if we can take a look as a community and find effective, beneficial ways to revamp the TPE earning system and potentially bring in alternative ways ot earn TPE, that would be a bonus for the site as a whole (which includes retention and possibly recruitment). This, VHL Big Brother, was a simple - enjoyable way of doing so. Doesn't have to be this - was merely a suggestion that I know some people would like and see no harm in doing.Maybe the prizes could go down, sure, but it is lengthy to mind you.