Claimed: Mocky [1/2]

Banackock

S54 is going to be a big draft when it comes to teams transitioning from competitive teams heading deep into a rebuild. For teams like Toronto, Calgary and HC Davos, they look to add onto their rebuild heading forward. Helsinki looks to potentially add the final touches to there's, or gain some established, potentially elite youth in hopes of keeping a possible dynasty rolling. Then we see teams like Cologne and Seattle, who can't be found on the boards currently but are likely hoping to somehow manage to grab a pick or two in the first round of this years entry draft. For the S54 draft, there's tons of talented youth players to fill up the first round in it's entirety, so we could see some major splashes and some surprising moves coming our way. Without further delay and while comparing prior mocks, let's see what this old brain can scrummage together. 

1. :tor: TORONTO LEGION: Torstein Ironside - G 

"I'm not entirely sure I'll be taking my player. There's maybe better options for me to take" said the Legions GM. We're gonna put an end to that shit and say "NAY". There's no better options than taking your player unless you're looking at someone else to talk to during the rebuild. Of course, adding more than just yourself makes for more of an active LR, but there's nobody more loyal to yourself than YOU. Goalies are currently in the "baby boom" stages for the league. You can find one, sometimes two on any team. Hard to come by if they're competing so it's always good to have a young goalie being brought up with the organization as opposed to none or someone else. 

2. :dav: HC DAVOS DYNAMO: Aleksei Federov - D 

When it comes to this position, it's a tough task to call. There's players with more  TPE than Federov, sure, but if you look at their agents history, one has been known to claim welfare where the other hasn't. Additionally, while centers are tough to come by, so are people who truly want to commit to making quality defenseman in this league. While Banackock has made elite, super high TPE gaining players, he's made some quality players in the past. Should be a shoe-in for the second spot.

3. :hel: HELSINKI TITANSFook Yu - C

They got Cornerstone, who will easily become one of the most elite players in the league in a couple seasons if everything goes right and continues on path. So what's wrong with adding a secondary centerman behind a franchise center? Absolutely fuck all and it woudn't be too bad of a move. We get that Velvet's career is coming to a close shortly, but there's always time to find a replacement for him and it could easily come at 7th overall for all we know.

4. :rig:RIGA REIGNMarkus King - G 

A little birdy told me that this pick could potentially be moved prior to the draft and once the playoffs end, while nothing is 100% set in stone. If it does stay in the hands of Riga, we see them adding a much needed goalie and there's nobody better than adding Kendrick's player, Markus King. While he doesn't have feet on the next guy, he definitely has a couple inches (ha) and easily is one of the better players to come out of the draft. Love him, hate him, Kendrick makes great caliber players and though it's his second player, won't let his name fall and crumble to pressure. Expect King to be hoisting a cup or two in his career (possibly thanks to his stellar play!)

5. :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTEHudson Abbott - D 

This one could go one of two directions, but we're going to fling it to Hudson Abbott. The team already has a good first pairing, future dman in Jokinen, so why not take a risk on this first gen and add in Hudson Abbott to the equation. If the kid stays add and keeps the training up, the pairing of Abbott and Jokinen is hard to resist and would easily be one of the meanest, hardest to play against pairings in the league in roughly 2 seasons.

6. :sto: STOCKHOLM VIKINGSShawn Gretzky - C

Though I haven't seen it yet, Gowenczy or whatever is retiring, thus a center would be a great thing to take at this position, eh? Well, Not only would Gretzky add that much needed void filled, but he'd add a lot of great traits to the team and locker room. I don't expect Gretzky to turn into a home run player night after night, but don't expect him to fail out and become a bust either.

7. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS: - Verner Reinholdt - RW

Call it a lucky guess, but it would be shocking to see him not go ahead of some of the guys remaining. Quality player, committed GM and you know this player could become lights out. Though I'm gonna say there's some risk of taking him, I don't believe it's as much as some of the other guys. 

8. :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: Rudolph Smechinsomething - LW

If not mistaken and without looking at who their agent is, they've gone inactive in the past? Red flag? potentially? All players like this could be dinged as a risk, but the big Schemcky has potential to become a pretty dominating player in the league. All eyes are on him I suppose to bust or boom.

9. :nya: NEW YORK AMERICANSPablo - C

No brainer here. They don't need a goalie and they're fine for wingers at the moment. Centers on a team are always nice, so I'd imagine if this is how the draft rolls out, this is who will be going #9. Sorry, Fujimotto.

10. :cal: CALGARY WRANGLERS: Vernon Von Axelberry - G

Zhumbayev or whatever and Wall are both shit. On top of that, Zhumby is on his last season and regression is gonna fuck him up more than that bitch that knocked out Rhonda Roussey. Axelberry loves to test Free Agency and fuck around, but in the right atmosphere and winning team, I honestly expect the guy to be a quality member, LR contributor and top notch goalie if he sticks with it.

6 minutes ago, BobertZ said:

NOOOOO NOOOOO forget the name Axelberry. I want to go undrafted. Draft someone else. Everyone wants to be a 1st round pick. I want to go undrafted

GM's should make it happen tbh.

Just now, Banackock said:

GM's should make it happen tbh.

Fuck yeah they should. I am not saying i wouldn't play for anyone. Hell I 'd play for any team, i just rather go undrafted and take my chances from there. It would be a league first. it would be exciting and create buzz around the draft

Just now, BobertZ said:

Fuck yeah they should. I am not saying i wouldn't play for anyone. Hell I 'd play for any team, i just rather go undrafted and take my chances from there. It would be a league first. it would be exciting and create buzz around the draft

Would never happen but would be fun!

Happened to me in the VHLM draft though, so you never know :P 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Would never happen but would be fun!

Happened to me in the VHLM draft though, so you never know :P 

That's the VHLM draft, i'm talking about the VHL draft. Axelberry is 199TPE 169 ATM but with 20 tpe coming from the VHLM achievement points thing and 10 from TC he is 199. So for a 199 TPE active player to go un-drafted it's pretty unheard of