Zach Parechkin Retires

DollarAndADream

Finally, my official retirement of Zach Parechkin. It was known that this was coming, but I figured I would continue to update him up until the playoffs so I can get him to the best level he can be at for the Seattle Bears. We fought a tough battle, but ultimately lost to New York in OT of Game 7 after coming back from down 3-0 in the series.

Obviously, as anyone would guess, the 3peat with the Toronto Legion was the best time I had with Parechkin. Some of those seasons weren't Parechkin's best individually, but obviously cups are more important.

Hell, I never thought Parechkin would retire so successfully in his last season. Hit the 50 goal mark once again, and got 113 points with regression. Those 113 points have him in the Top 10 players this season, remaining elite one last time. He even was an All-Star again, and won my first Gold Medal at the World Cup. Then in this post-season, I led my team with 7 goals and 10 points in 7 games. Went out with a bang, I guess.

It's been a pretty good ride with Parechkin, especially to have such a successful player as only my second player created. I'm not sure I'll ever have another player with such a successful career, with a bunch of individual trophies and cups. Here's to hoping.

Now I'm onto newer ventures. GM of Toronto. I'm still on the ropes of drafting Torstein Ironside or not, as there is a good crop of draftees this time around. I wonder if Ironside will be the Rookie of the Year next season, much like Travis Boychuk and Zach Parechkin? I'm 2 for 2 so far with that. But this goalie thing is a new territory for me.

Anyhow, thanks to @Molholt for the great times on the Legion. It wouldn't have happened without you, and especially Max Molholt himself. There's just too many names to mention for Parechkin's career. I guess I can't go without mentioning World B. Free @stevo either. I'm just going to keep it at those two members though, because if I have to list everyone I'm just going to forget someone. :lol:

Good job with Parechkin, should be a good indicator of how your next two players will be - and you'd be lucky to have both on your team (hint hint). Also, I'm prettty sure with the announcement of the new update scale they said they weren't updating the sim after the Trade Deadline - so I hope you weren't updating ZP and just wasting those TPEz