Official Drunk/High Thread

JardyB10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I’m high and I have VHL questions

1. Which player played on the most teams throughout their VHL career?

2. Has anyone ever scored a goal on their own net?

3. Has there ever been a VHL team to win a cup with a bot goalie starting?

4. What season would be considered the peak rise of VHL? I think it was Covid times but not exactly sure when.

5. Do the Blues and BOG have secret rituals they do behind closed doors? Like do y’all light candles, sit in a circle and call on the VHL spirits? Is there a VHL god? I would think it would be @JardyB10 if anyone.

6. How many individual people have had a player in the VHL? 1000? 10,000?

7. Who is Simon?

8. What was S1 like? What was S10 like? What were all of the seasons like when this league was a forum league and the portal wasn’t even a thing? There’s a lot of indexes missing from early seasons on the portal because they just didn’t exist

1 hour ago, AJW said:

1. Which player played on the most teams throughout their VHL career?

Not sure, but I’d guess an inactive signing who got around. As far as notable players, Leeroy Jenkins got around.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

2. Has anyone ever scored a goal on their own net?

I’m not sure, one would have to check the play by plays to know, and that doesn’t happen frequently as far as I know.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

3. Has there ever been a VHL team to win a cup with a bot goalie starting?

I’m gonna say no, but probably a relatively inactive has.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

5. Do the Blues and BOG have secret rituals they do behind closed doors? Like do y’all light candles, sit in a circle and call on the VHL spirits? Is there a VHL god? I would think it would be @JardyB10 if anyone.

The BOG does not have any secret rituals.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

7. Who is Simon?

Simon Tremblay is the developer of the Simon T Hockey Simulator, also known as STHS, which is the software the VHL utilizes to simulate hockey games for the enjoyment of our community.

Simon himself is kind of a dick, and largely unhelpful.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

8. What was S1 like? What was S10 like? What were all of the seasons like when this league was a forum league and the portal wasn’t even a thing? There’s a lot of indexes missing from early seasons on the portal because they just didn’t exist

I don’t know about S1-14, because I’m not old enough interestingly enough. The seasons when the league was a forum league and not a PORTAL or DISCORD league were the best damn years of our life, lemme tell ya 👴🏻.

But in all reality it was similar to how it is now, but with more late 00s, early 10s ugly internet culture, a smaller (but arguably tighter) community, probably more forum activity (or maybe it just felt like it since that’s when I was most active).

It’s truly unfortunate we lost so many old indexes. Indices. I was able to supply a chunk of them, but my original simming laptop completely died during my tenure. Fortunately this happened around the same time I was out of town for work and had sterling stepping in for me. Otherwise the league would have been in a lot of trouble, because before that point, I wasn’t backing up the league file everyday, and it was only that incident that made me realize we needed to backup the league file everyday. So between computers dying and losing 2-3 host sites, we sadly would have lost a bunch of those original indices.