NA Semi-Finals, GM 7: New York vs. Seattle

JardyB10

For this "Holik" character who is supposed to be better than me, why couldn't he win game 7? I managed to help my team force a game 6. He got to 7 and apparently is supposed to be way better. Then why didn't it show over another rookie goalie?

• Commissioner

Obviously not the result I was hoping for but st least we made it interesting. From being down 3-0 to OT in game 7, was still history just not quite enough. I do wish we could have taken 1 of the first three, things might have gone different, but that's the nature of the beast sometimes.

Tough to see this Seattle team walk away without ever quite getting there but it happens sometimes, we had a hell of a run.

DT, go suck the largest bag of dicks you can find. Everyone knows you played like ass and you have no leg to stand on. 

8 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

For this "Holik" character who is supposed to be better than me, why couldn't he win game 7? I managed to help my team force a game 6. He got to 7 and apparently is supposed to be way better. Then why didn't it show over another rookie goalie?

Probably because he had to face a harder team. Comparing NY's forward core to STO's forward core is a bit of a stretch.

He also didn't get pulled.

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Probably because he had to face a harder team. Comparing NY's forward core to STO's forward core is a bit of a stretch.

He also didn't get pulled.

For that matter I "couldn't win game 7" but Moon couldn't even win game 6.

Just as a comparison, because numbers are fun.

VS. NY (280 Regular season goals) I let in 17 goals and was pulled 0/7 games.

VS. STO (245 Regular Season Goals) Moon let in 24 and was pulled 3/6 games.

So with 1 extra GP I let in 7 goals less and was never pulled.

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, gregreg said:

Lol I love that DT has gotten to you guys 

You act as if I'm losing sleep over this troll. I've just been enjoying racking up my post count arguing with him.

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

guys don't overlook this proposal, it's important.

If you guys want to double sim the finals I'm not going to complain. Going to have to ask @Advantage how he feels, but I'm not against a double sim for the first four games for example. 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

If you guys want to double sim the finals I'm not going to complain. Going to have to ask @Advantage how he feels, but I'm not against a double sim for the first four games for example. 

Last night I said to Will I Am that the first day should be GM 1 and GM 2. And if this series is tied 1-1 after, the next day should be GM 3 and GM 4. I'd be happy just with a double sim for day 1.

15 minutes ago, Higgins said:

And yes I know it's the finals, but it's when the least amount of people are involved in the sim and the potential for 7 days is so painful :P

We also double sim in the semi finals as well the first four games. I'm fine with an approach that states we double sim the first two games of the finals, and if it's tied 1-1 you do another double sim for the next two games. The key is just to allow GM's to swap lines in the pivotal games 5/6/7 or essentially when they could face elimination. 

Edited by Devise

On 2017-03-23 at 9:22 PM, ThePenultimateOlympian06 said:

But Quebec, Cologne, and Riga exist.

I realize New York is a fine, successful franchise, they just happen to be the franchise I second most enjoy to see fail. Sadly, they haven't done so too much recently. :(