Claimed: gregreg's terrible just okay mock draft

gregreg

The draft is always an exciting time in VHL and this season there seems to be a lot discussion of who will go where so I thought I'd add to that with my mock draft!!

MOCK DRAFT 
1. :tor:TORONTO LEGION: G - Torstein Ironside, 190 TPE
This should be an easy pick for new Toronto GM, he controls the player, knows that he won't go inactive or leave the Legion and being a goalie makes him a perfect fit for Toronto. He could decide to go with another goalie in King but that's highly unlikely.

2. :dav:HC DAVOS DYNAMO: C - Fook Yu, 205 TPE
With a new GM in Davos they look to start building again and with Mistake in net they can look to veteran player agent tfong and his new player Fook Yu. Centres are important to building a good team and Yu fits that franchise centre type teams want. 

3. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS: D - Aleksei Federov, 195 TPE
Helsinki is up next with the pick they got from Calgary in the Jacob trade last off-season. The Titans are playing with house money here but with Valvet not getting any younger and Gow recent retirement, they will need to start rebuilding their back end. Federov seems like the perfect fit to help them do that.

4. :rig: RIGA REIGN: G - Marcus King, 216 TPE
I know, I know, Kendrick doesn't want to go to Riga but the Reign need pieces and maybe they can turn King into a few more pieces. I don't know where King can go since the teams that need goalies, he has no interest in going to but hey it's the VHL crazy things happen all the time. 

5. :que: QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: C - Shawn Gretzky, 172 TPE
With Quebec having two solid options in net and two young wingers there are a few players Quebec can take but I feel like they will go with Gretzky to centre the two young guys. They could take Abbott to start building their defence but Gretzky just fits in better with the group with Quebec. 

6. :sto: STOCKHOLM VIKINGS: D - Hudson Abbott, 175 TPE
Vikings will needs to fix their blue line after a few retirements so the Abbott pick makes perfect sense for the long term success of the Vikings. Abbott will look good beside Snatch for the next few seasons.

7. :hel: HELSINKI TITANS: RW - Verner Reinholdt, 119 TPE
Helsinki comes back up with their second pick of the first round and I think they move this pick for more help for their current roster, if not they go safe here and take a player from Devise's player store. Easily add depth to their roster and could be used for a trade down the road. 

8. :que:QUEBEC CITY MEUTE: LW - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf, 145 TPE
Like Helsinki, Quebec comes back to the potium and they just take best player available and that would be Schmeckeldorf. All of a sudden Quebec has a very good front 4 and can then put their focus on adding some blue line help.

9. :nya:NEW YORK AMERICANS: RW - Takashi Fujimoto, 136 TPE
Americans are still in contentors mode and could use this pick to add to that but its never bad to have another young player on the team. Fujimoto would add to an already deep forward group and he could help lessen the blow of losing their saving grace Joel Jarvi. 

10. :cal:CALGARY WRANGLERS: D - Jon Snow, 58 TPE
With the last pick of the first round Calgary will have a few options with this pick but if they keep it I can see them taking a small risk and selecting Snow. Teams always try and get a good depth defenseman, Snow could be that for Calgary.
**This will all be wrong but hey it was fun right?

I agree there is no way Axelberry goes first round.  Not that he is not first round talent but goalie needs and him playing in the vhlm next season is the cause for his slide. But will be the steal of the draft.

18 minutes ago, BobertZ said:

I agree there is no way Axelberry goes first round.  Not that he is not first round talent but goalie needs and him playing in the vhlm next season is the cause for his slide. But will be the steal of the draft.

He could but a trade would have to happen