Player "Vacation"

BOOM

This makes sense, but there would need to be a catch; for example it could cost you TPE (you would lose some skill by not playing for a whole season obvi) or a huge chunk of cash from your bank account (this vacay isn't cheap).

4 minutes ago, sterling said:

Seems pointless when you could just take a break in between careers or collect welfare for a season IMO

this

consistency is key...and should be rewarded 

i'd actually be fine with this. No earning TPE during your break obviously.

I mean yeah consistency should be rewarded and I doubt this would be used often but if someone is feeling burnout and wants to take a breather that's probably fine.

8 minutes ago, Jericho said:

i'd actually be fine with this. No earning TPE during your break obviously.

I mean yeah consistency should be rewarded and I doubt this would be used often but if someone is feeling burnout and wants to take a breather that's probably fine.

I would take a "break" during lord karnage's career just for O'Malley to get the fuck out of the league so I could win award when the league is weak as fuck (like it is right now)

but maybe I'm only the twisted mind here 

This would have been perfect for Davey Jones and Nik Mikaelson. Despite neither hitting FA, this could have made me want to go there and take a short break. Probably would have been better with Jones but at least it could help me out in the long run.

38 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I would take a "break" during lord karnage's career just for O'Malley to get the fuck out of the league so I could win award when the league is weak as fuck (like it is right now)

Sure you could have. O'Malley also could have done the same thing if he really wanted to.

• Commissioner

I'd be okay with this. Could have potentially saved us members like you or Dwyer so I think it's something worth looking into.

Obviously no TPE earning (or banking) but you don't lose any career length and making it only available to FA's means that it doesn't complicate rosters.

Maybe because of the "vacation" you lose half your banked money (coke and hookers don't come cheap) and maybe like a minor version of depreciation (say 2-3% maybe?) just for the time away from the rink making you a little out of shape.

Obvjously consistency should be rewarded but if we can save even a few members by letting them take a break then I don't see the harm.

7 hours ago, boubabi said:

this guy has that loophole brain

Sadly I see ways for this to be abused :( and the amount of people that would use it is probably a small cohort. At least I think so? Unique idea though.

2 hours ago, Higgins said:

this guy has that loophole brain

Sadly I see ways for this to be abused :( and the amount of people that would use it is probably a small cohort. At least I think so? Unique idea though.

That's true but @Beketov does make a good point.

Maybe we find a middle ground. Rather than just letting any FA use it you have the guy put in for a leave of absence like you would from a job. If the Blue Team thinks he's doing it for non-sketchy reasons it gets granted? If @boubabi puts in for it he gets rejected. :P

It probably would be helpful to guys who need the time when life hits them harder.

I get the consistency thing, but sometimes real life crops up and people need a few months to get shit sorted. I took a break between Klose and Ravenwing for this reason, but had Klose not been at that point of his career, I very likely would have fallen off the map with him. It's a good suggestion.