Claimed: S54 Draft Profiles Pt. 1

Frank

Season 54 Draft Profiles

Written by: Frank Chadwick

Marcus King - Goalie (222 TPE) @Kendrick

Image result for murray pittsburgh

King could very well be the most talented player in the draft.

Marcus King has all the tools to be a franchise goalie. Lightning fast reflexes and out of this world flexibility. He stands at 6' 4" tall and weighs in at just a hair over 200 pounds. To many scouts King is the complete package. He has size, athleticism, a great work ethic and there are already comparisons to Matt Murray of the Pittsburgh Penguins. King currently ranks number 1 on all scouting services draft boards as the Kendrick agency continues to pump out high TPE earning players. I have no doubts that King will break 1000 TPE with ease. The only question mark around the player is if he will be happy playing for whichever team drafts him. In recent interviews with TSN and RDS his agent Kendrick has stated he is looking to find a franchise where none of his previous players has played. Unfortunately with the influx of goalies this may prove difficult and Kendrick may have to live with being drafted by a team like Riga where he could be the cornerstone @boubabi of that franchise. 

Likeliest Destinations:

:tor::hel::rig:

Dark Horse:

:nya:

Fook Yu - Center (205 TPE) @tfong

Image result for asian hockey players

Fook Yu gives no fooks.

Yu is the most talented forward in the draft bar none. He is also a centermen to boot. Yu is a player for the Fong agency who as produced such gems as the legendary Daisuke Kanou and most recently Biggu Kanyon. The Fong agency has a long track record of producing high end talent. Fook Yu is a fucking giant like think Yao Ming on steroids. Some scouts were consider he wouldn't use his size, that has not been the case thus far in his career as he's been suspended on two occasions for head shots. Aside from his mammoth frame and unwavering mean streak, Yu posses a uncanny two-way game, but his most surprising attribute is his skating for such a big fella. We see Yu as a franchise center in the mold of Joe Thornton but wit ha mean streak and not a giant choke artist in the post season. The draft lottery hasn't been decided yet but we already know he's not going anywhere beyond top 2. 

Likeliest Destinations:

:dav::tor::rig::hel:

Dark Horse:

Whoever has the balls to trade for a top 2 pick. 

Torstein Ironside - Goalie (190 TPE) @DollarAndADream

Image result for thatcher demko

Torstein Ironside might give King a run for his money.

Torstein Ironside is the 2nd best goalie in this draft according to scouts. But as far as this writer is concerned there isn't much of drop off between King and Ironside. Both the Kendrick and Dollar agencies are strong and we're certain these two will be rivals for many seasons to come. Think of Aidan Shaw and Daisuke Kanou, this is going to be epic. Ironside is your prototypical butterfly style goalie, he has mastered the art form you could say. The two things that seperate Ironside from King are that King is a better skater but Ironside is bigger and handles the puck like a young Marty Turco. Ironside plays a very similar style to that of Vancouver Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko. According to many sources the Toronto Legion will look to select Ironside no matter where they end up picking.

Likeliest Destinations:

:tor::rig::hel:

Dark Horse:

Pretty much every other team, you don't pass up a player with Ironside's character.

Aleksei Federov - Defense (189 TPE) @Banackock

Image result for ivan provorov

Aleksei Federov the top rated defenseman in the draft. 

Aleksei Federov is the most dynamic player in the draft. Of all the players we believe he has the highest ceiling due to the low number of defenseman that actually pan out in the VHL. He is a pure two-way defenseman with unreal playmaking ability and vision. Federov will be quaterbacking the league's best powerplay unit for seasons to come mark my words. His agency has yet to produce a true franchise player so we expect that this will be Banackock's time to shine. His most likely comparable would be Ivan Provorov of the Philadelphia Flyers. We expect he'll be in the VHL next season but he will need some time to develop. He should be a franchise player at his peak.

Likeliest Destinations:

:hel::rig::que::sto:

Dark Horse:

:sea:

Hudson Abbott - Defense (165 TPE) @Scooter

Image result for alex pietrangelo

Hudson Abbott is the biggest unknown in the draft. 

Hudson Abbott is a mystery. Some believe he comes from a long lost player agency but if you ask him he is his agents very first player. That would be the Scooter agency. Since joining the VHL the Scooter agency has been relentless and tireless working to make sure Abbott is a household name come the Season 54 VHL Draft. Currently Abbott is the second best defenseman available in this draft but if the Scooter agency continues to ride momentum like a wave this could soon change. Though Federov posses better pure talent than Abbott, it can be argued that Abbott posses a higher hockey IQ and his game will transition better to the VHL. Right now Abbott is comparable to Fook Yu as he's an absolute beast, he could probably stand to get a little slimmer so he can improve his foot speed. Hudson has the hardest shot in the draft, it was clocked at 101.7 MPH at the VHLM all-star game. 

Likeliest Destinations:

:que::sto::hel:

Dark Horse:

Top 3 pick? Look out!

Part 2 Coming Next Week

Will feature: Shawn Gretzky, Vernon Von Axelberry, Takashi Fujimoto, Rudolph Schmeckeldorf and Verner Reinholdt.

Way over 500 words.

Special thanks to @Kendrick VHLSC  for TPE numbers. 

Claim for Savard

Edited by Frank

51 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

LMAO says King to Helsinki. Forgets Helsinki has 2 goalies and doesn't need a 3rd. Maybe Quebec needs one?

Chet Manley better not be the second goalie you are referencing because he hasn't really done much...

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Chet Manley better not be the second goalie you are referencing because he hasn't really done much...

Well technically he is the second goalie in the franchise so yes. I was referencing him. But there is no way Higgins would grab you due to a conflict of interest. I don't want to split games and I know damn well you don't want to. There should be no reason either of us would have to anyways. This isn't a shot at you, just saying we have two on the team. Whether or not he does much doesn't really matter. If need be he could be called up to play a few games here or there. But like I said, we both deserve starting spots so there should be no need for you to be drafted here.

3 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

Well technically he is the second goalie in the franchise so yes. I was referencing him. But there is no way Higgins would grab you due to a conflict of interest. I don't want to split games and I know damn well you don't want to. There should be no reason either of us would have to anyways. This isn't a shot at you, just saying we have two on the team. Whether or not he does much doesn't really matter. If need be he could be called up to play a few games here or there. But like I said, we both deserve starting spots so there should be no need for you to be drafted here.

If we are getting technical yes you're right, but keep in mind when we refer to franchise depth we don't often count inactive as a priority on the depth chart. Furthermore, even if Helsinki was to draft me I wouldn't be behind him on a depth chart anyways. So in a sense you wouldn't really refer to him as the second goaltender. You only have one on the team, the other is a player who is in the VHLM and hasn't updated since Feb 13th. So yes in your franchise you have 2, but not on your team.

21 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

If we are getting technical yes you're right, but keep in mind when we refer to franchise depth we don't often count inactive as a priority on the depth chart. Furthermore, even if Helsinki was to draft me I wouldn't be behind him on a depth chart anyways. So in a sense you wouldn't really refer to him as the second goaltender. You only have one on the team, the other is a player who is in the VHLM and hasn't updated since Feb 13th. So yes in your franchise you have 2, but not on your team.

Well I don't think he is 100% inactive. Might just have stepped away for a few but I am certain he will be doing something. I know that you wouldn't be behind him but I don't think Higgins would do that to him anyways. I mean I am certain he drafted him for a reason.

12 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

Well I don't think he is 100% inactive. Might just have stepped away for a few but I am certain he will be doing something. I know that you wouldn't be behind him but I don't think Higgins would do that to him anyways. I mean I am certain he drafted him for a reason.

No I get that, but when you refer to organizational depth charts you refer to where the player would be TPE wise at his position in the given franchise. Otherwise you would hear a team like the Colts say "Well we don't need Andrew Luck because we already have 3 QB's", when in reality Andrew Luck was going to be drafted and would be the #1 instantly on their depth chart.