VHLSC: S54 Rankings #4 - The Grind

Kendrick

VHLSC.png

Screen_Shot_2017_03_13_at_12_39_30_PM.pn

Welcome back to another edition of the VHLSC Draft Rankings. In edition #4 we have a breakdown of what is going on and what trends we are seeing in this draft. First off, the prospects in the top 13 positions seem to be on a steady climb in TPE (besides Rask Rowe @Rowe89). Sometimes the seasons grind can slow production down a bit but most of these prospects have been steadily increasing their value. One thing to note about that is that in years past that hasn't always been the case and it has greatly watered down our VHL Drafts because of players losing focus throughout the tough VHLM season. A couple of our players in the second round territory have sparked a little and have turned in a good couple weeks here. Luca Volkov (@Kyle) and Jon Snow (@ChiefNoka4) both injected some life into their draft value and both may see themselves in first round consideration if they continue on. For the first time in weeks, we see only two goaltenders in the top six positions. Markus King and Torstein Ironside both solidify themselves in the top three yet again. Aleksei Federov (@Banackock) has made the case to be the first defensemen off the board in the upcoming draft as he impresses with a strong couple weeks here. Fook Yu has a strangle hold on the #1 Centre position and teams will obviously be looking at him closely going into the draft. It takes us 8 positions to find our top winger and Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (@Corco) takes that title for now, but Takashi Fujimoto (@HFD) is hot on his trail.

Going forward we will be watching several battles for position rankings. Being that some times have needs bigger than others, we could see a shift in draft focus as not all teams need goaltenders or even defensemen. The battle for the #1 goaltender taken will be interesting but the most interesting might be the battle for top Right Winger selected. Takashi Fujimoto and Verner Reinholdt (@Devise) are battling it out and one of these has a veteran agent behind him and the other is fairly new. Teams may choose to go the new route as the ceiling looks to be higher on the young Fujimoto.

How do you see the first round shaping up?

1. Davos - Fook Yu

2. Toronto - Ironside

3. Riga - King (Trade)

4. Helsinki - Federov

5. Quebec - Abbot

6. Stockholm - Gretzky

7. Helsinki - Fujimoto

8. New York - Reinholt

9. Calgary - Von Axelberry (Trade) 

10. Quebec - Schmeckeldorf

Edited by gregreg

3 minutes ago, gregreg said:

1. Davos - Fook Yu

2. Toronto - Ironside

3. Riga - King

4. Helsinki - Federov

5. Quebec - Von Axelberry

6. Stockholm - Gretzky

7. Helsinki - Abbott

8. New York - Reinholt

9. Calgary - Schmeckeldorf

10. Quebec - Fujimoto

thats a bold strategy Cotton lets see if it pays off

8 minutes ago, gregreg said:

3. Riga - King

@KendrickAAAAJXRFWHRkYXRlOm1vZGlmeQAyMDE2LTA1LTE0

My imo

1. Ironside

2. Fook Yu

3. Fedorov

4. Gretzky/Abbott, prolly some surprise pick

King goes to late first round, Axelberry slips to second round. Corco, Devise and HFD for the #5 spot. Snow and Kyle might be steal, maybe Rowe as well, although I heard he has some IRL things now.

Edited by hedgehog337

11 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

thats a bold strategy Cotton lets see if it pays off

Yep my bad. I was doing this off memory and forgot Quebec had two goalie haha 

Edited by gregreg

I agree I slip to 2ND round maybe 3rd. I've slowed Axelberrys tpe earning from 10 a week to at most 6 maybe even less since I want to play in the vhlm next season. But once the cut off happens it's back to 10 a week

4 hours ago, BobertZ said:

I agree I slip to 2ND round maybe 3rd. I've slowed Axelberrys tpe earning from 10 a week to at most 6 maybe even less since I want to play in the vhlm next season. But once the cut off happens it's back to 10 a week

Just an FYI, the cut off is Game 1 simmed next season. Just informing on what it was in the past

• 2 weeks later...