Game of Thrones

Victor

25 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I think its more that dragons kill the dynamic of the political and strategic war and just are too powerful 

I mean it isn't like Dany is going to win in the end right? Like seriously she isn't. Even if she is apart of the good guy super team, the likelyhood that everything goes full circle and she turns into a Mad Queen and when this current cycle of magical bullshit is done just like last time everything will cease to exist again for however many long years. The political intrigue and drama was a big reason a lot of people came to the show, and I wondered as the show got more "Lord of the Rings/DnD" if it would push some people off. Clearly obviously that stuff messes with the political and strategic stakes. But as I said above, all of that stuff was meant to be shown as meaningless in the face of ice zombies, fire breathing dragons, and giant mystical time beings like Three Eyed raven etc. Whether they decide to go full circle with everything or not obviously is on the show runners, but I don't know early on in Thrones I really stopped taking a vested interest into the actual dynamic of knowing who wins or loses and just decided to enjoy the ride. 

9 minutes ago, Devise said:

But that isn't the point? The battles between Dany and Cersei and hell the entire "Game of Thrones" has all been pointless and was from the start. It's never been about who wins what where, it's been about dragons vs zombies. Everyone else just happens to be there. 

I mean it can "be the point" and also be more entertaining, stressful and undetermined than it is. I guess I find the Dragons are like a giant cheat code(s!), and though I can still accept that the special effects and the actual battle was cool as hell, it doesn't mean, from a plot point of view, it was any good

especially since we now know the Lannister's weapon against dragons was a complete failure.

but like @boubabi said it takes away from the strategic aspect of war. And I get that that isn't the point of the show, but it's the part I enjoyed the most which is what is kind of turning me off from the last episode a little bit. Not that, like I said, it wasn't incredibly well done from a purely aesthetic POV, but from a personal point of view I found it a little lame.

Edited by Tyler

26 minutes ago, BOOM said:

Does anyone think the bolts from that scorpion were poisoned? That Qyburn is a sly fuck.

I hope so but probably not D&D need their white savior complex so danerys will be untouchable 

11 hours ago, Victor said:

I hate this show. How the fuck did I end up supporting the Lannisters.

Well, to an extent, and I mean Starks are still better human beings (minus roboBran) but are not particularly interesting any more.

I fucking love Jaime. Guy's just got a crazy bitch of a girlfriend. He is all of us at some point.

Edited by Kyle

17 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

so how many of the 7 do you think are going to come back from beyond the wall? 

I'm guessing Gendry, Snow and the Hound bring back Jorah who has been turned into a wright.

errebody else gon be dead

viserion is going to come back as something

:ssst:

31 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

so how many of the 7 do you think are going to come back from beyond the wall? 

I'm guessing Gendry, Snow and the Hound bring back Jorah who has been turned into a wright.

errebody else gon be dead

I think it's interesting 7 of them are going since they believe in the 7 gods. Wonder if that is a coincidence.

Also, I feel like Jon Snow gonna die soon. The last person to choke out Littlefinger in anger died. The last person to wish someone good fortune in the wars to come died. I think he gonna die again (and who knows if brought back to life again lol).

Also, love watching Littlefinger manipulating people again. Haven't seen much Littlefinger and Varys action this season but they run a ton of stuff behind the scenes. 

Wiiiiiiiild awesome episode. Preview for next week looks crazy good too. I'm fine with the fast travel moving plot we still had tons of good dialogue and slow moments. Little finger is so dead this season too. Arya is playing him for a fool. He and nobody in Winterfell know that she can you know steal faces.

Why couldn't Jon stop by Winterfell on the way back to the wall to say hi to Arya first? I want that damn reunion.

Also, dude, Jon is a legitimate Targaeryan. That little blurb that Gilly was trying to tell Sam about the anullment of Rhaegar's marriage, and secretly re-married in Dorne? That's Lyanna. So if R+L were married, Jon is a legitimate Targaryen and the rightful ruler to the throne over Dany. Although Jon doesn't want that throne anyways, but still cool info.

I can't wait for Dany to find out about Jon being her nephew. Drogon must sense the Targaryen in Jon.

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

My prediction : a fucken dragon is coming to save jon beyond the wall

Dany loses a dragon saving Jon? Or you think maybe Drogon goes on his own now that he let Jon touch him and recognized he was a Targareyen? Possible based on that teaser though I could very easily see a dragon fly over the wall as they are getting chased back.