[v2] ReDesigning the VHL Logo

boubabi

• Commissioner

Seriously though, you should post a high res (preferably png) version of this so we can all use it in new designs. It only makes sense since this should definitely be the new league logo.

I...don't think this is really a good logo tbh, like I think it looks nice as a piece of art I'm not disputing that, but I don't think it does the job that a logo should do. Clearly I'm in the minority here with that, but I can't think of many, if any, logos in the world that aren't either 1. Clear as can be as to the name/initials of the company/league or 2. Symbolizes what the company/league does, and I'm just not seeing either of these.

Although, maybe there's something that does look like hockey that I'm just not seeing?

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, Salt said:

I...don't think this is really a good logo tbh, like I think it looks nice as a piece of art I'm not disputing that, but I don't think it does the job that a logo should do. Clearly I'm in the minority here with that, but I can't think of many, if any, logos in the world that aren't either 1. Clear as can be as to the name/initials of the company/league or 2. Symbolizes what the company/league does, and I'm just not seeing either of these.

Although, maybe there's something that does look like hockey that I'm just not seeing?

Nothing screams hockey but all the letters of VHL are present. I kinda like that they aren't immediately obvious, makes things a little more interesting.

5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Its not

But the current logo isnt either

Still an upgrade 

My point was that, to me, logo's that have the text on them should either clearly display their name or have a logo image that sums up what that company is about. 

The current logo says VHL clear as day, so it fulfills one of those two things that I mentioned. If I were looking at this logo as someone who didn't know what this league was, it wouldn't catch my attention. because I wouldn't understand what the logo was advertising. So to me, no, it's not an upgrade. Like I say, I'm clearly in the minority though. 

• Senior Admin

I see Salt's point, it may seem more abstract to an average dude that finds the site than it does to you artistic mofos. i don't know that its too too abstract though, I'd love to see it in a banner or something to see how it looks on the site :ph34r: