Is Member Retention a Major Issue?

Higgins

Member Retention - A Problem?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is an extension of the Are Media Spots Outdated? discussion. I appreciate all the feedback that thread has generated, agreeing or disagreeing I think it is important to hear both sides of all arguments so thanks for those who have participated and voted. In that thread I got to thinking that I should go back and actually collect some data on new members in regards to player creation, point tasks, welfare and becoming VHL players.

I went though the previous 13 months of accounts that have signed up for the VHL and collected data from each member here's the results. I leave interpretation up to you.

New Accounts: 128

Created Player: 61

No Player: 67

8xmVYFR.png

Players: 61

Completed a Point Task: 21

Claimed Welfare Only: 12

Nothing: 28

hpQ84p2.png

This next graph includes some overlap as some players have claimed both Graphics and Media Spots and Welfare or some combination of the two. It shows how many members have completed at least one type of point task.

mqUSORV.png

This next graph shows how many point tasks or welfare claims in total have been submitted sorted by the type (Graphics, Media Spot or Welfare).

hbJ92m1.png

This next graph shows all members that have submitted a Graphic for a Point Task. It also shows how many Graphics that certain user has submitted.

8JWXR93.png

This next graph shows all members that have submitted a Media Spot for a Point Task. It also shows how many Media Spots that certain user has submitted.

Za18fwE.png

This next graph shows all members that have made a claim for Welfare. It also shows how many Welfare claims that certain user has submitted.

zBZKL09.png

This final graph shows how many of the 128 new accounts over the previous 13 months, which created a total of 61 players have made a player that has more than 200 TPE (a VHL caliber player).

DZ8Sqje.png

I'll have more to say probably after I see some other opinions here, but this is a very useful and interesting piece of information to collect. Good job Higgs. You got the sense that graphics were the go to point task for most non Mag/Welfare/Podcast users and that certainly seems to be the case. 

Edited by Devise

The final graph is a bit misleading as players that created within the past 4 months of the total 13 months aren't fully expected to be VHL quality players yet. It does show a trend though that only 1 made it and it is Asher Donovan just FYI.

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

lmao that last bar graph. shit.

If there was any evidence that would support the argument for getting rid of the VHLM I feel that is the case. It's just not working. Give first gens more TPE to start and more ways to quickly gain some early TPE to hit that 250-300 limit and let the real league with the majority of members focus try to sink their teeth into them so we can keep them around. 

Some people either dont give a crap or are less dedicated to working on their player. I'm almost at 100 which isnt amazing or anything but it shows what a couple of weeks of identifying all available point tasks and extra things like bio, profile and trivia etc. I have not donated yet but probably will soon. I am determined to not become a statistic.

21 hours ago, HFD said:

Some people either dont give a crap or are less dedicated to working on their player. I'm almost at 100 which isnt amazing or anything but it shows what a couple of weeks of identifying all available point tasks and extra things like bio, profile and trivia etc. I have not donated yet but probably will soon. I am determined to not become a statistic.

being at 100 having been here less than a month is actually very impressive. That's about what the TPE Whores tend to do, so unless you get hit by a bus I see you beating those odds.